Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How is the life in Miami?

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Default Re: How is the life in Miami?

Speaking of Italy, we have many Italians take our City Tour, and a few of them have told me the cost of living has increased a lot, in the last few years.

My friends from Russian were surprised at how inexpensive beef is in the supermarket and they went crazy when they saw how cheap pineapples and bananas are. They did tell me that milk is a lot more expensive here.

Since there are so many people at Miami Beach 411, it would be good to make a spread sheet with a list of products and service, along with how much they cost. Then, we ask people who live in other parts of the world to add their country and how much stuff costs there. I'll try to start it tomorrow and share it with everyone.

Where do you live, Leo?

In Romania the life is so expensive,the sallary is so small but in Italy or Spain the life is expensive but the sallary is good,in Romania for a month you are payed with 300-350 $ but in Italy or Spain with 1200-1500$.Is a big diference.

If I started to work at the cruise ship with my husband,in three years together we can buy our house in Romania but if I stay here I don't buy a house in 20 years.Here we pay month by month 200$ just the bills,we need another 200 -300$ for food, clothes, school, transport...this is the reason for who we leave our children,our family and find the work to another part of the world.

ok guys it's late for my,I go to bed.By,see you tomorow

Leo

For some reason I lost my post. The ERROR I got is "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters." My post was a few paragraphs.

Blurya:
    Good luck with your new job. Hopefully, it helps you get closer to achieving all your dreams with your family. I know it's real tough living there now. It's been tough since joining the EU. I have friends that moved there because they had a good opportunity in real estate. They bought/sold land and also built apartment buildings .....that was 5+ years ago.....now they have left again because it's not that good right now unless your name is Becali

Speaking of real estate...is Ceausescu's old house (The People's Palace) still empty? What a waste/shame...$10,000,000,000 and over 1000 rooms

Gus:
    I'm living in a hotel transitioning back to Miami in matter of days hopefully. I just need an agent to answer a phone
    Last edited by Leo; 01-09-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    Blurya likes this.

Becali?!?!you heard of him?is a very influent man,he have more money,power,everything...The People's Palace is not empty,in this building is the Senate, Chamber of Deputies, the Parliament.Romania is a beautiful country but we don't have work,money,nothing here,we have resources but we don't have money to pay the people.Our doctors go in other countries because wages are a disaster here.Everybody wants to go in other countries to work.In Italy and Spain we don't can go now because is crisis like in Romania..I love my country but I don't can live here.Now is much better because we can go in another countries,we can work and return with money for our family.I'm ashamed for what I say but is the raw truth.

What's the cost of living like in romania? Like how much is rent for your house? Or what does a house cost there, on average? Gas? Food? Vegetables and the like? I always find that kind of thing interesting.

So you will be based out of Baltimore, then ,while you're in the U.S.?

rk

Quote Originally Posted by Blurya View Post
    Tks Michelle.I'm glad I can talk to you.I take the ship in Baltimore but make stops in Miami when we go to the Caribbean and back, every time...
    Hmmm... some misunderstanding here. The "Enchantment of the Seas" does not stop in Miami. After April 2013 it will be starting from Port Canaveral (near Orlando) but even then it will not be stopping in Miami for at least a year or two.

Nice thread though, I esp like the pictures. Thanks.

rk

Gus, those "sleeper cars" are not unique to Russia. They are fairly common in many countries where distances are long and overnight journeys common. You don't really stay in bed all the time, during daytime people fold up the bed sheets and pillows and use the lower level as normal bench seats. In some places the "beds" are triple-stacked, and the middle one usually folds down so you can use the lower level for daytime seating.

Though not used in the US anymore, these sleeper cars were invented here in the mid 1800's.
    Gus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rk View Post
    Hmmm... some misunderstanding here. The "Enchantment of the Seas" does not stop in Miami. After April 2013 it will be starting from Port Canaveral (near Orlando) but even then it will not be stopping in Miami for at least a year or two.

Nice thread though, I esp like the pictures. Thanks.
    Yes,you're right.I talked with my husband and he told me.''Enchantment of the Seas'' stop in Port Canaveral,Baltimore,Bahamas and other places.

In Romania the life is expensive.You can rent a block apartment with 400$/month but you have to pay all other facilities.You can end up paying 800 $ just rent and facilities in a month,without food, transportation, clothes...And if you have a childredn who go to school...oh my God,you need much more.

Leo

Becali?!?!you heard of him?is a very influent man,he have more money,power,everything...The People's Palace is not empty,in this building is the Senate, Chamber of Deputies, the Parliament.Romania is a beautiful country but we don't have work,money,nothing here,we have resources but we don't have money to pay the people.Our doctors go in other countries because wages are a disaster here.Everybody wants to go in other countries to work.In Italy and Spain we don't can go now because is crisis like in Romania..I love my country but I don't can live here.Now is much better because we can go in another countries,we can work and return with money for our family.I'm ashamed for what I say but is the raw truth.

Yes, I know who Becali is. Let's just say that he isn't my favorite person.

Don't be ashamed to speak the truth. The situation in Romania is the same like many other countries too. It's today's reality which is sad. The Polish people in the UK for example (and others too) work there and send money to their families to help them. It makes it hard on the UK economy, but how can you blame someone for helping their family?

Becali it's kind of person who make money easy...We have much more than Becali,we have a lot of persons who make money easy and who don't pay for nothing.We are divided into rich and poor as 100 years ago,in some villages we have people who don't have electric current,many young people who have finished university and have no where to work...I know,in every country are persons with a good situation and people with bad situation.This is the life,not everybody can live the american dream

Leo

Middle class is not present in many places anymore. Imagine Russia for example. Russia has 100 billionaires, 130,000 millionaires, and 24 million live in poverty which is about 17% of total population.

It's terrible to think that a country like Romania still has some parts that don't have electricity considering that Bucharest had electricity in the 1880s.

The good news is today you have a chance to change things . You have a better opportunity for work on the cruise ship and maybe that will be the first step to a better life for you and your family. No one really knows what the future will bring. You just have to be prepared and seize the moment. Best wishes.

I know, we worked three years in Italy and one in Spain.In these european countries life is not so good.I want very much to get to work as soon as possible and admit that I really miss my husband, we have not seen for three months.We don't have a house,we live in the same house with my husband parents.It is so hard...
    I agree with you. Even the Italians now go away from Italy . It's true, many Romanians work in Italy. I had a Romanian co-worker...Elena..she was very nice!!!!My favorite coworker!!Where did you work in Italy? (I'm sorry, my English writing is much worse than your)

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Speaking of Italy, we have many Italians take our City Tour, and a few of them have told me the cost of living has increased a lot, in the last few years.

My friends from Russian were surprised at how inexpensive beef is in the supermarket and they went crazy when they saw how cheap pineapples and bananas are. They did tell me that milk is a lot more expensive here.

Since there are so many people at Miami Beach 411, it would be good to make a spread sheet with a list of products and service, along with how much they cost. Then, we ask people who live in other parts of the world to add their country and how much stuff costs there. I'll try to start it tomorrow and share it with everyone.
    I agree!!!!!!!The milk is very expensive here!!!!In Italy 1 L (0,26gal) costs 0,60 euro ($0,80)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12