Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How is the life in Miami?

Smile How is the life in Miami?

Hi all, my name is Corina and I am from Romania.My husband work in Miami on a cruise ship and I 'm prepared to get a job like waitress on the same cruise ship.I have to go on 27 february.I want make me new friends with who can I talk.I am a good english speaker but I don't write very well .I hope make new friends here,I like talk to the people.Thanks because you received me in your community.

Leo

Default Re: How is the life in Miami?

Ce faci? (don't know how to spell it) I have a lot of Romanian friends that I met throughout the years. I understand more than I speak. I'm sure you'll have fun and meet lots of people. I'm getting ready to move back to Miami soon too .
    Gus and Blurya like this.

Hi and welcome to the forums! Do you already have a job on the ship waiting for you?
    Blurya likes this.

Hi guys!Thank you for the response !I am so happy,I want make me a lot of friends here.Leo,I am so happy because you understand romanian . Yes Jess,already I have a job on this ship who waiting for me.I hope you understand me,I am a little nervous because because I speak with natives english speakers,all the time I ask myself '' oh my God,what I have to say,what I have to do?'' .On 27 february I have to go from Romania.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi Blurya,

Welcome to Miami Beach 411. Thanks for posting your question here. I understand you perfectly!

My friends from Russia just left, after visiting me for a couple of months. We had a great time together, but one thing I noticed was, at times, they would not talk, because they were afraid to use their broken English, which left me feeling like they didn't want to talk to me. So, the worst thing you can do is be silent around others. Americans love it when a person from a different county does there best to speak English.

oh my God,what I have to say,what I have to do?'
    Don't put any pressure on yourself. Just talk about anything. People love to talk about food, movies, music, sports, the weather, their family, where they're from, what's life like living on a cruise ship, the differences between life in Romaina and United States.

With my friends from Russia, I really wanted to talk more about their perception of Miami and how it was different than Russia. I wanted to talk about how shopping and driving and restaurants and people were different.

I am a good english speaker but I don't write very well
    Actually, you write very well, but I did notice in your previous messages, you forgot to add a space after using a comma and a period in a few sentences. In English, we always add a space after using punctuation. =)
    Leo and Blurya like this.

Tks Gus.I am so happy because you are friendly with me.I love to talk,I love to make me friends from all around the world.When you want, can I talk to you about Europe,Romania,about ours life,about everything you want.oh God,I am so happy because I met you guys.

Leo

Corina, you sound like someone who will make lots of friends. Your English is great! Trust me, there are many people here that don't speak half as good as you. You're going to have a great time . What part of Romania are you from? I have a friend of mine that who lives in Timisoara.

I live in Constanta, a big city port at Black Sea.

Gus

Happy to meet you, too!

When my friends from Russia went back home, they had to take a train from Moscow to their home in Ulyanovsk. I asked them what the train ride was like and they told me that most trains in Russia do not have passenger seats. Instead, the trains have beds that passengers lay on for the journey. They also said the trains run the heaters all the time and it gets very hot on board.

Name:  89487_640.jpg
Views: 3937
Size:  81.1 KB

See more pics - http://goo.gl/uJs25

It was interesting to learn this, because we don't have trains like that here. Stuff like that is fun to talk about!
    rk and Matt Meltzer like this.

I don 't know how is in Rusia but in Romania we have a normal trains,with seats.Yes,it is interesting

This is my city Name:  h1.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  138.0 KBName:  2555855-Welcome_to_Constanta_Constanta.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  44.9 KBName:  city-park-mall-constanta-craciun-2012-constanta-city-11.jpg
Views: 2456
Size:  331.0 KBName:  constanta.jpg
Views: 2407
Size:  264.1 KBName:  cazinou-Constanta.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  139.6 KB
    rk likes this.

Gus

Thanks for showing us your city. Showing people picture of your life and where you live is a great way to break the ice (English slang for: get to know someone).

When my Russian friends arrived in Miami, they purchased a Google Nexus 7 tablet computer. It was a great device to have on vacation to browse the web and show pictures to other people. The tablet only cost $250 and does everything an Apple iPad will do.

What is the name of the cruise ship you'll be working on?

When you're here, will you live full time on the ship?

Enchantment of the Seas.Yes,together with my husband on the ship but we will have free time to walk down from the ship,to visit the city,to see everything.I wanna see the entire Miami because I think is so nice,so big,so full of life

Hi Corina! I am Gus' wife. Welcome! Thank you for sharing your photos with us! You seem like a very friendly person that will not have any problem making friends.

It does not look like Enchantment of the Seas comes to Miami. Are you visiting Royal Caribbean headquarters before starting your job? You must be very excited to start working with your husband. Gus and I have worked together since we met; it's a lot of fun!

The pictures your city look wonderful. I'm sure you will love your job, I think the ability to travel and still have income is great, and traveling for your job is pretty much the best arrangement. Miami is definitely big I was born and raised her and there is plenty to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Hi Corina! I am Gus' wife. Welcome! Thank you for sharing your photos with us! You seem like a very friendly person that will not have any problem making friends.

It does not look like Enchantment of the Seas comes to Miami. Are you visiting Royal Caribbean headquarters before starting your job? You must be very excited to start working with your husband. Gus and I have worked together since we met; it's a lot of fun!

Tks Michelle.I'm glad I can talk to you.I take the ship in Baltimore but make stops in Miami when we go to the Caribbean and back, every time.I am hired from Royal Caribbean,I pased two interviews.Yes,I am so happy,My husband is from november on the Enchantment of the Seas.

Tks.I am convinced that is a gorgeous city Miami

I am happy because I go to my husband but to the same time I'm so sad because my daughter remain home It a 13 years girl, she study ballet at a highschool of art.In Romania we cannot live with 300 $ every month.

Leo

That's why so many of my Romanian friends are in USA, Canada and UK. A lot of them used to live in Italy, but moved because it hasn't been very good there for a while.

I know, we worked three years in Italy and one in Spain.In these european countries life is not so good.I want very much to get to work as soon as possible and admit that I really miss my husband, we have not seen for three months.We don't have a house,we live in the same house with my husband parents.It is so hard...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast