Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    New User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Andora (Savona)-Italy
    Posts
    3
    Likes Received
    0

    Default Coming from Italy, looking for a beach town

    Hi to everyone!
    I'm 43 years old and i live in the north of italy, in a little town called andora, on the beach...one hour from Montecarlo.
    My job is turistic and i have a residence with my brother. I work in summer, from april to the end of september and i rent appartments to tourists. I winter i'm free and usually i go in Cuba where i have a girlfriend.
    Usually i stay in cuba 3 months or more every year....
    The problem is that i don't like cuba so much, the life is not easy and every day...a lot of problems, the beach and the weather are good but i can find them in other better countries so...i'm planning the change my life another time. Now i'm not sure but...it could happen...maybe...one day.
    I'm in this forum but maybe isn't the right place because for me...is not important to go in Miami that....i think is very...very expensive. Maybe i can go in another village..."near" Miami and for me is ok...
    The most important thing is...finding a little appartment to rent at a good price, going at the beach and having a quite life, the first time for one month...and than if i like it....more.
    Any advice will be apreciated. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member dylan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Florida, right on the beach
    Posts
    1,283
    Likes Received
    158

    Default Re: Coming from Italy, looking for a beach town

    If you want an on the beach city that is cheaper than Miami, check out Hollywood Beach, it is just north of North Miami Beach, and it is a bit more affordable. I love the area, and feel like the water is cleaner, and the surrounding beach city area is very well maintained.

  3. #3
    New User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Andora (Savona)-Italy
    Posts
    3
    Likes Received
    0

    Default Re: Coming from Italy, looking for a beach town

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan View Post
    If you want an on the beach city that is cheaper than Miami, check out Hollywood Beach, it is just north of North Miami Beach, and it is a bit more affordable. I love the area, and feel like the water is cleaner, and the surrounding beach city area is very well maintained.
    Thanks! Can yo tell me the cost of life? For example for renting a little appartment with kitchen corner....
    My life is very quiet.. Eating at home...going to the beach and drinking a beer in the night, a coffe if it's possible :-)
    I like dancing but not every night...only one time a week.

  4. #4
    Editor Matt Meltzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,738
    Likes Received
    847

    Default Re: Coming from Italy, looking for a beach town

    If you want queit and peaceful and inexpensive, look in other parts of Florida. Like Naples, Flagler Beach, Cocoa Beach.
    South Flordia, even Hollywood Beach or anywhere south of about Jupiter, is going to still be like being in a big city. If you look on the Gulf Coast or further up the east coast of Floria you'll find more of what you're looking for. Check out the cities I mentioned.

  5. #5
    New User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Andora (Savona)-Italy
    Posts
    3
    Likes Received
    0

    Default Re: Coming from Italy, looking for a beach town

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    If you want queit and peaceful and inexpensive, look in other parts of Florida. Like Naples, Flagler Beach, Cocoa Beach.
    South Flordia, even Hollywood Beach or anywhere south of about Jupiter, is going to still be like being in a big city. If you look on the Gulf Coast or further up the east coast of Floria you'll find more of what you're looking for. Check out the cities I mentioned.
    Thanks!!!!! Can i have information of these cities in this forum or it's better than... i look up for another forum more generic for florida? I think this forum is only about Miami.

  6. #6
    rk
    rk is offline
    Senior Member rk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,781
    Likes Received
    258

    Default Re: Coming from Italy, looking for a beach town

    Quote Originally Posted by Andorese View Post
    Thanks!!!!! Can i have information of these cities in this forum or it's better than... i look up for another forum more generic for florida? I think this forum is only about Miami.
    Take a look at the City-Data Florida forum:

    http://www.city-data.com/forum/florida/

    Keep in mind that in order to live and work in the USA you need a visa that allows you to do that (a visitor/tourist visa does not allow working or living long-term).

  7. #7
    Editor Matt Meltzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,738
    Likes Received
    847

    Default Re: Coming from Italy, looking for a beach town

    We don't really have much info on here on those cities, and I'm not really an expert. But just Google those and you can find plenty. Cocoa is awesome....

    http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/cocoa-beach

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    44
    Likes Received
    4

    Default Re: Coming from Italy, looking for a beach town

    Ciao!
    I spent 2 days in Cocoa beach last month. It's nice, above all if you love the surf!The people are very very nice and friendly. And it isn't expensive (an example..I paid a Guiness in a small pub near the sea only $2.50!!!). But according to me you must have a car to live there. I haven't seen many buses, but I stayed only 2 days...so maybe my opinion isn't correct

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •