Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Need help with upcoming move to Sobe

First off, I've enjoyed reading all the forums and appreciate everyone's opinions.

My wife and I are relocating to Sobe towards the end of April. We are both 30 years old and have moved 3 other times in the last 5 years. My wife has got a promotion and will be working on Lincoln Rd. I have a couple options with work on Sobe. We are in need of some help with finding a place to live on Sobe that is clean and safe. Neither of us have been to Miami, but are coming to visit in a couple weeks to find a place to rent.
    We are looking for a 1 bed, 1 bath with a budget of $1500. Must have 1 assigned parking space, washer and dryer in building. We would also like a balcony, community pool, and closet space, but these are not must haves. We rather have a smaller place for less money. We do not mind living where it is noisy as long as it is safe to walk around. I have read some forums and think that west ave., and below flamingo park are possibly good areas.
    A little about us. We are very laid back northerners that only plan to live in Miami for 1-2 years but who really knows. We love to travel and be outside, whether it is sitting on the beach, day drinking on a patio, or just people watching. We enjoy being healthy and are planning on joining South Beach Boxing gym. We understand Sobe is expensive but seems to be ideal if we both work in Sobe.
    We are looking for recommendations on a realtor. We would also like information on condo/apartment buildings and streets/areas to stay away from.
    Thanks for all your help
    David

Default Re: Need help with upcoming move to Sobe

First, Welcome to the forums...

I'm glad you've been doing your research and have a pretty good idea of what you are looking for. It definitely makes it a lot easier.

I specialize in Sobe & Downtown rentals so I can definitely offer you my services for finding a rental. I live in the above mentioned area (across from Flamingo Park actually) and think your budget is realistic for what you are seeking.

I'll send you a private message with my details if you'd like to get started.

When does your wife's new job start?

If you both work in Sobe, then yes, it is ideal to live here and makes life A LOT easier. People dislike traffic but the only traffic us locals deal with is special events and crossing intersections!

Congrats on the upcoming move...

Having proper guidance is a great thing when looking for rentals. Also be ware of the Craigslist scams, or other scams in general.

Almost all of South Beach is safe. Sobespace can definitely steer you in the right direction, but for your lifestyle anywhere in the beach is gonna be ok. Should be an interesting move, but if you're saying 1-2 years now, yeah, that's about what you'll do. If you all ever plan on having kids you'll high tail it out of here fast.