Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Flexible with Parking?

Hi guys!
    I wanted your advice-I am looking for a place in the Sobe area and needed some guidance!

I am looking to rent for 7 months and need a place that is furnished, with internet and has parking which I know is a lot to ask for. I am interested in art deco or smaller buildings and I can see that many or most of these don't have parking.
    I know street parking is available but I was thinking if perhaps it could be a possibility to get a spot in a parking garage. My parallel parking skills are poor, so I probably wouldn't be able to park even if there was a spot right outside the place i took!
    I can't be flexible with internet and furniture-as I don't want to deal with sorting that out, as I will probably be returning to the UK at the end of the year.
    Do most of the garages scattered around Sobe offer monthly parking and any idea of costs?
    Thanks!!

Default Re: Flexible with Parking?

There are a few municipal garages which offer monthly rates around $70. They are at 17th and Pennsylvania, 13th and Collins, 12th and Drexel and 18th and Meridian. If you can find an apt within a block or 2 of these garages, that's not a bad idea.

http://web.miamibeachfl.gov/parking/....aspx?id=30862

There's more detail here on how to go about it.

rk

Many parking garages have a waiting list for monthly permits, so check with the parking office beforehand if that's important for you. Getting Internet hooked up should be easy (other than the expense) so that probably should not be a rigid requirement.

Thanks guys!
    Yes, rk- I called to find out about garages and they were all full other than 5th and Alton.
    At this point I have no idea where I am going to be, so I don't think the garage is going to work for me!
    Parking is a real pain!!

Why don't you want to park on the street? It's so cheap, and really the best option.

I was worried that it might be difficult to get a spot and my parking is poor!

Do you know what areas you can park in with your designated permit-Is it a few blocks radius?

It totally varies from zone to zone, but the City of Miami Beach will give you a map when you move in that will show you.

The problem is, yeah, on weekends and other busy times it can be VERY difficult to find a spot. Like you may find yourself parking further away than the garage sometimes. Again, this varies from area to area and week to week, but still parking on the street can be dicey. And if you're not a good parker, that's an added stress.

Yeh-I spoke to a friend earlier and she said that it can be a problem in the rainy season with flooding.
    Seemed to think that was a bigger problem than even finding a spot!

Yeah, I mean that sucks too, but sometimes it's like, park in a puddle or don't park at all. Agian, why you might be better off in a garage