Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marc Middleton

Thread: Working in N Miami,,where do young professionals live .

New User

Default Working in N Miami,,where do young professionals live .

Relocating to job in N Miami. Ppl say Brickell is THE place to live for young professionals . However , this would be a very long commute in traffic. Aventura is only a few miles from job , but I hear its all families and seniors,,not for me. The Riverwalk area of Lauderdale seems to perhaps be a good fit as far of a downtown area ...but, young ppl? Commute ?

Default Re: Working in N Miami,,where do young professionals live .

I would recommend staying in Aventura for a week or a weekend at least, I enjoy the Aventura/Hollywood Beach area. There are families here, but there are plenty of places to hang out at, and I consider myself far from being a senior. Staying on the beach might be nice too, and the beach is only about 5-10 minutes away from Aventura Mall.

Yeah I'd say Hollywood Beach. Ft. Lauderdale you'll be sitting in the flow of commuter traffic going south to Aventura. Ftl is nice, and there's lots of young people. But that commute would be worse than if you lived in Brickell.

Midtown would probably work very well for you, as might mid-Miami Beach. Your commute would be relatively short and you'd be going against the flow of traffic. Plus those areas are full of young people and not as annoyingly congested and douchey as Brickell.

New User

Thanks,,,your thoughts on Sunny Isles?? Any certain buildings ?

New User

Your thoughts on Sunny Isle ??

Sunny Isles is like ALL Russian. The only young people there are typically younger Russian immigrants, not exactly the friendliest people in the world. The only young people I know who live up there live with their parents. You might get a smattering of that demographic here and there, commuting to Lauderdale and the like, but it's not really an area for the YP set. Look at Midtown if you wanna be relatively close to North Miami. Commute's not bad because it's against traffic. Possibly mid-beach if you're dead set on living near the ocean, although again that's a much more family-oriented, older area.

He's got 2 threads going with the same questions. I responded like you Matt on the other one...

New User

I have figures out that I must live near my job. I want to be on the Bay or Beach. So, your opinions on.....Sunny Isles, Hallandale, Aventura and what ever is right there. Keep in mind, as difficult as this may be, I would like to find area with young professionals. Please excuse my frankness , but I have heard most of the above mentioned neighborhoods are predominantly Russian,,,of which I am NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Dabest714 View Post
    I have figures out that I must live near my job. I want to be on the Bay or Beach. So, your opinions on.....Sunny Isles, Hallandale, Aventura and what ever is right there. Keep in mind, as difficult as this may be, I would like to find area with young professionals. Please excuse my frankness , but I have heard most of the above mentioned neighborhoods are predominantly Russian,,,of which I am NOT
    Your best buildings in Aventura are: Uptown Lofts, Atrium, Artech, Venture -- All of which are right around each other on NE 188th / 187th.

Venture is mainly 2 bedrooms and they are about $1800. Nice building with 4 small pools, cabanas, good gym, theatre room, parking, etc.

Uptown lofts is a true loft building with concrete floors, exposed ceilings and good size balconies over looking the canal/water. Most floor plans are 1 bedroom with a den but Realtor classify them online as 2 bedrooms even though most don't have built-in closets. Prices start around $1800 but the building requires a 690 credit score to live there. They have tennis & Basketball to go along with the pool & gym on the water.

Artech is an amazing building, even nicer than Uptown lofts. Indoor Racquetball to go along with their amenities. Most 1 bedrooms start over $2000 and they require a 650 credit score.

Atrium is probably inbetween Venture & Uptown. Prices going up there as well so expect $1900 or so for a large 1 bedroom.

All of these buildings are walking distance to the Publix grocery store and a few other shops and close enough to the Aventura Mall.

They all have $1500 building deposits to go along with your 1st/last/security so you'll need a good Realtor to negotiate that out for you & have the owner pay it. If you have a pet, its about a $500 FEE to the building (non refundable).

Other than that, Aventura is a place for families due to the great school districts and mall proximity. Sunny Isles is a family tourist destination as well as the Russian Population (its not 100% like matt says, but probably 30%). Many luxury high rises that are thousands a month for a 1 bedroom so very few affordable high rises that aren't ancient. (Ocean Reserve, OceanView, King David, La Perla, YachtClub) 1 Bedrooms in these buildings are $1500+ and 2 bedrooms probably $1800+.

The 2 high rises by FIU Campus in North Miami around 150th street has a younger crowd. Its called The Oaks at Biscayne Landing. Problem is, there is no pool and just a small gym. But the floorplans are huge and the balconies are large and private. A 2/2 there is $1700-$1800 and a 3 bedroom is around $2000. Big kitchens & closets, many units with carpet and some paid utilities.

Hope this helps your search!
    rk likes this.