Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Thumbs up With a little help from my friends!! (to move to Florida)

Hello, my name is Francisco, I'm 27 years old, I'm from Buenos Aires (Argentina).
    Nowadays I work as a firefighter and have a bachelor degree in Safety, health and environmental management.
    I have a great desire to live and work in Miami in short term. This forum is very interesting, informative, giving eager to try to make this wish.
    Does anyone know if there are opportunites to study - work in this area?, Because I had been investigating differents Universities of Florida and I could not get much information about validating a degree issued in Argentina.

And about visas, are there universities that provide J1 (for example ..) or any work with H1? Today I have a tourist visa.

Thank you very much and I still think that my dream is possible.

Default Re: With a little help from my friends!! (to move to Florida)

Having the Bachelor degree is great, and that may help you get a work visa. But attaining visas is difficult. I know people from almost every ethnicity, especially Argentinos that are struggling to get a visa in the US. Marriage seems to be the best bet, but if it is discovered as fraudulent then you face deportation, and the citizen faces 10 years in federal prison.

New User

Thanks Dylan for the information. Donīt worry about getting 10 years of prision, because Iīm married haha, I forgot to tell in my first message...

I want to do the whole process into legality, I donīt want to get any issue with the USīs laws.
    About working in my area, any suggestion??

I'd say apply to graduate schools in Florida, and if you can afford the international tuition you can probably come over and go to school if you're accepted. You probably won't be able to work, and no idea what your wife will do. But at the very least it can get you here for school. And once you're in school. you make connections and are able to find work more easily.

New User

Ok, thank you message!
    Yeah, it's a good idea to apply to a graduate school.
    Iīm searching for different post graduate programs. Does anybody know where I can validating my degree??

That's a direct translation that doesn't makes sense. What do you mean "validating my degree?"

New User

Sorry about the mistake. I have been studied in Argentina, and I need to make sure that my academic credentials are recognized by colleges, universities and employers.

rk

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Sorry about the mistake. I have been studied in Argentina, and I need to make sure that my academic credentials are recognized by colleges, universities and employers.
    I don't think there's way to validate an overseas degree nationwide. It must be done by the particular University you are applying to. If the degree is from a well-known institution in your country then there should be little problem, most US universities are used to students from many countries. Good idea to have a translation of the degree if needed, and any accompanying documentation such as detailed list of courses, references etc. Once it has been validated by one University, you can use that documentation to support your case at other places.