Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marc Middleton

Thread: Mid Beach Condos- good buildings

Default Mid Beach Condos- good buildings

Does anyone know if 5401 Collins is a well managed building? It has great ocean views. Is there a mall within driving distance? Also wondered how the commute to Davie/Ft Lauderdale might be from that area> Thanks for any info. Susan

Default Re: Mid Beach Condos- good buildings

5401 is The Carriage House. Its a full service building with a ton of amenities like Racquetball, a Mini Market, Tennis (a lot of these buildings don't offer Tennis), etc.

The cheapest 2/2 is a 1st floor unit for $325k. Prices are high for the building but its on the ocean rather than across the street where prices are slightly cheaper (5700 Collins is a Great non-oceanfront building managed very well).

Its a huge building with a lot of rental and sale activity. Maintenance fees run about 65cents a foot which is high for most cities but pretty standard for these high rises on the beach in Mid-Beach.

The best (inexpensive) deal for sale in the building is a 2 story 1 bedroom for $259k on the 3rd floor. Its been on the market off & on for a while. Maint fees are $590/month and includes your Water/Hot Water, Sewer/Trash, Insurance and basic cable package.

I think we spoke before regarding your next move to Florida? I remember the name since I too was 'Made in Jersey'.

The drive to Davie is about 40 Minutes depending if its right off I-95 or not. If it is, maybe 35 minutes if you hustle and 1HR if you hit traffic and are going West off the Interstate. You can pick up the 41st street causeway pretty easily but you'll miss out on the Express lanes so you'll hit traffic approaching Miami Gardens Drive. Depending on where in Ft. Lauderdale, you are looking at 45 minutes to an hour (1st exit or past Oakland Park and going East/West).

Hope this helps!

That commute is gonna be rough, real rough. Davie is in kinda Central Broward which means you have to go on 595 west after dealing with all the 95 nastiness (sans express lanes, as Sobespace pointed out) then whatever awful street traffic you hit over there. And during rush hours getting back on 595 can be a 5-7 light cycle experience. Now, South Beach might be easier as you can hit 395 and get the HOT Lanes, which pretty effectively mitigate the awfulness of a Dade-Broward rush hour trip. I can make it from one downtown to another in 35-45 minutes during rush hour most days. But that's WITH the Express lanes. And not having to drive to Davie. Your commute will be much worse.

If you wanna live waterside and you work in Davie, live in Lauderdale or Hollywood Beach. The rent will be cheaper, and your comute won't kill you. You're looking at a total of about 2 hours in your car every day if you go at normal hours to work, which is not why you moved to South Florida.

Yes, Matt is Right about the commute to Davie.

Correct my statement, I was thinking 'Dania' not Davie. Even without traffic its close to an Hour and not a fun or scenic drive.

I highly recommend Ft. Lauderdale Beach or even Hollywood Beach (some nice high rises on the beach there).
    Matt Meltzer likes this.