Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Marc Middleton

Thread: Near the beach apartment + Good Internet Service

WRX
    New User

Default Near the beach apartment + Good Internet Service

I'm looking to move to Miami by January. I'm looking for an apartment near the beach, with parking, and the building/house must have availability for high speed internet (Cable, or fios) NO DSL

What companies offer internet service in south beach? I'm looking for an internet provider that can offer 25 mbps+ download, and is reliable.

What area should I look in?

Looking for 1 bedroom apartment.

THANKS!

Default Re: Near the beach apartment + Good Internet Service

Hi,

AtlanticBroadBand (Abb.net) has the monopoly on the beach for residential. Most new high rises are pre-wired and you must use Hotwire or the like to get internet and cable.

I believe Uverse is becoming available in certain parts of the beach, but I haven't experienced it.

Abb & hotwire should have fast speeds but I would check their website.

How much are you looking to spend on a 1 bedroom apartment? I would recommend starting your search in December as most of what's on the market is vacant and the expectation is to have it rented within 3-4 weeks.

You won't find new high rises in South Beach unless you are moving to Continuum or Apogee but in Downtown/Brickell, you'll see Hotwire in many of the buildings since the buildings offer free cable as part of the condo fees.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

At&T Uverse SUCKS. My work place has it. Not good.

Most places have Atlantic Broadband and you won't have a choice about speed etc as the building pays for it. Every apartment is different.

WRX
    New User

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
    Hi,

AtlanticBroadBand (Abb.net) has the monopoly on the beach for residential. Most new high rises are pre-wired and you must use Hotwire or the like to get internet and cable.

I believe Uverse is becoming available in certain parts of the beach, but I haven't experienced it.

Abb & hotwire should have fast speeds but I would check their website.

How much are you looking to spend on a 1 bedroom apartment? I would recommend starting your search in December as most of what's on the market is vacant and the expectation is to have it rented within 3-4 weeks.

You won't find new high rises in South Beach unless you are moving to Continuum or Apogee but in Downtown/Brickell, you'll see Hotwire in many of the buildings since the buildings offer free cable as part of the condo fees.
    Thanks a lot Atlantic Broadband plans are perfect.
    I'm looking to spend around $1500 including utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    At&T Uverse SUCKS. My work place has it. Not good.

Most places have Atlantic Broadband and you won't have a choice about speed etc as the building pays for it. Every apartment is different.
    How does that work? is it one connection for the entire building? They have a main hub and bring connection from it to each apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by WRX View Post
    Thanks a lot Atlantic Broadband plans are perfect.
    I'm looking to spend around $1500 including utilities.

How does that work? is it one connection for the entire building? They have a main hub and bring connection from it to each apartment?

Ok, $1500 with utilities is about $1350 without so we should be fine getting you something near the beach in Sobe or North Beach.

If the building provides cable/internet, then yes each apartment will be wired from the main hub (i.e. the new high rises). IF its just an art deco building, then the cable & internet would be just to your unit running from the main Node (on the poll) like a normal place in anywhere USA. ABB.net isn't bad and my speeds were faster there for less money than what I pay now in my new high rise. I even pay the same $5 equipment rental fee even though the modem is in the wall of all apartments.

Since you aren't moving until January, I'll contact you in December and we can start looking for a place for you. It takes a few weeks from start to finish but everything on the market now in that price range is expected to be occupied in the next 3-4 weeks.

WRX
    New User

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
    Ok, $1500 with utilities is about $1350 without so we should be fine getting you something near the beach in Sobe or North Beach.

If the building provides cable/internet, then yes each apartment will be wired from the main hub (i.e. the new high rises). IF its just an art deco building, then the cable & internet would be just to your unit running from the main Node (on the poll) like a normal place in anywhere USA. ABB.net isn't bad and my speeds were faster there for less money than what I pay now in my new high rise. I even pay the same $5 equipment rental fee even though the modem is in the wall of all apartments.

Since you aren't moving until January, I'll contact you in December and we can start looking for a place for you. It takes a few weeks from start to finish but everything on the market now in that price range is expected to be occupied in the next 3-4 weeks.

Great! what about parking? Last time I went down to south beach we never found parking (Collins avenue) we had to park 4 blocks away in a garage.

Is parking usually included if not how much extra do you think it will be?

Quote Originally Posted by WRX View Post
    Great! what about parking? Last time I went down to south beach we never found parking (Collins avenue) we had to park 4 blocks away in a garage.

Is parking usually included if not how much extra do you think it will be?

In the $1300-$1500 range, you don't normally get a parking spot in the interior places in South Beach. Some West Ave & Bay Dr places might offer it and usually places on Collins will have a parking lot. However, if you live on streets like Meridian, Jefferson, Pennsylvania, you won't really need a set parking space. My wife & I had 2 cars and worked crazy hours and did just fine for 2 years. Only on a busy sat night when we came home around 11pm-1am from work did we struggle with parking and have to park 3-5 blocks away. But at that hour and living on the beach, its not like its a bad walk or anything or hot outside.

Parking when you are on vacation or visiting is a maddening process and it isn't the same as when you live here and have a parking decal for your zone.