Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Have dog, need an apartment

Hello, am relocating to Miami beach in about a month. I was there last weekend and noticed that it seems to be really hard to find a place that accepts a dog over 20 lbs> the few that did looked like crackhouses. I am always on Craigs list scouring the ads, perhaps I'm using the wrong relator? Please advise if anyone knows of any place I should call. Thanks

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, shangrl. Thanks for your question. From my experience, landlords in Miami are more accepting to rent to a tenant who has a dog than in other cities I lived.

What's your price range? How big of a place do you want to rent?

New User

Thanks Gus! Anywhere from $1300-$1650 high end. I am okay with highrises and or converted buildings. I am planning on getting a dog walker. I'd like to live at the beach..doesn't HAVE to be Sobe and I am not sure I'd want it to be but on Miami beach would be super. All of the relators I've talked to say that I am very limited. Help
    How is Aventura to live vs Sobe or Mid Miami beach?

Hi Shangrl,

I'm with Gus - South Beach is a very dog-friendly place. And, I happen to believe there are lots of apartments available in your price range.

Tell us a little about yourself:

What size apartment are you looking for?
    Will you be commuting to work? If so, where's work?
    What sounds more appealing a day at the mall or a day at the beach?

Give us some more details and I'm sure we can come up with some recommendations.

Michelle :-)

Gus

You should definitely be able to find an apartment in your price range. You said that you're scouring the rentals on Craigslist, are you tracking the rentals on Backpage as well?

I also recommend getting the most recent copy of New Times, Sun Post, and City Link newspapers; you can find find lots of apartments for rent in the classified sections.

Some of the best deals are found by driving, or walking in the neighborhoods you are considering, and looking for "For Rent" signs. You can have good success with this tactic in South Beach.

Check the Message Board at Wild Oats on Alton Road to find apartments for rent.

Aventura is a nice city with lots of good shopping and restaurants; it's where most of the retired Jewish people live.

In my humble opinion, if you are relocating to Miami FL, South Beach is the best area to live. You don't need a car. The beach is a 5 minute walk. There is a great swimming pool and lots of activities at Flamingo Park. If you make the most out of it, you will find a nice quality of life.

You will find the same lifestyle in Miami Beach and Mid-Miami Beach, maybe even for a little bit cheaper.

If you are out of town, Private Message me a mailing address, and we'll ship you the newspapers I mentioned.

I picked up a New Times yesterday and browsed through the rental section. There are tons of 1 bedroom apartments available from $900 - $1,200 in South Beach. Going out and looking for rentals w/ a realtor is not always the best idea. On one of my many apartment hunts with a realtor, I found a place I was interested in. He gave me the price and then I decided to call the number on the sign out front to see if the owner would give me a better deal. The apartment would've costed me an extra $100 per month if I had signed the deal with the realtor instead of calling the owner directly. I couldn't see paying $1,200 a year more so I didn't sign the lease.

I've always had great luck doing just what Gus suggested - looking on Craig's List, reading the New Times, and walking around writing down numbers on the For Rent signs.

Good Luck!

Gus

Hi Rocky, thanks for joining Miami Beach 411. I was going to delete your comment because it seemed off topic, but since you were referring to shangrl finding an apartment, I decided to let it slide. And you are kidding around, right?

Honestly, if you are looking to meet chicks, I'd suggest Match.com.

Miami Beach 411 is community site focused on making friends and learning about what life is like in South Florida. Please browse around the site, and you will get a flavor for what goes on in here.

If you are looking to meet people, I'd suggest being a nice dog and introducing yourself here.

Bad dogs in Miami Beach 411 will quickly get the muzzle :coolmad:

Now go fetch. Good boy.