Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hoppie

Thread: summer of 2014 on the program Work and Travel visa J1. Looking for a job!)

New User

Thumbs up summer of 2014 on the program Work and Travel visa J1. Looking for a job!)

Hi all, dear friends! I live in Belarus and I need a job in America in the summer of 2014 on the program Work and Travel visa J1. If you have any suggestions - I would be very grateful). Maybe someone can tell hotels or shops that trying to foreigners for the summer period. I would be grateful for any information. Alina.

The unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm of the Miami Galaxy

Default Re: summer of 2014 on the program Work and Travel visa J1. Looking for a job!)

From Wikipedia:

A job offer is required prior to visa interview. Students from six particular countries (Bulgaria, Russia, Romania, Ukraine, Moldova, and Belarus) must have a job offer that has been confirmed by a sponsoring organization before the student can apply for a visa. Because of these requirements, employers and J-1 students must get a head start on the hiring and visa application process.
    Are you sure you are not reversing the approach? You can only get a J-1 if you already have a job offer in hand; and it is about 100% impossible to get any job offer in Miami without actually being here in person (the second requirement is speaking Spanish).

Just trying to clear up the situation before we embark on some difficult route.

Hoppie

New User

Default Re: summer of 2014 on the program Work and Travel visa J1. Looking for a job!)

Hi! I'm looking for a job offer to obtain a j1 visa. I speak Spanish, English, Italian and Russian languages. Alina.

Well, the J1 visa is only an option if you already have a job offer. You can't get a job in order to get the visa... It's more that a company really wants to hire you as a student for your program. Saying that, my friend came here on that Isa and worked on the front desk at The Raleigh hotel. So the big hotels seem to allow students to come. Another hotel that does it is the W.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Well, the J1 visa is only an option if you already have a job offer. You can't get a job in order to get the visa... It's more that a company really wants to hire you as a student for your program. Saying that, my friend came here on that Isa and worked on the front desk at The Raleigh hotel. So the big hotels seem to allow students to come. Another hotel that does it is the W.
    I paid for the program Work and Travel. I can't find an offer of employment to obtain a J1 visa. Go the first time. Really looking forward recommendations and advice.)

I don't understand what you have paid for? What is the Work and Travel program? Surely if you paid, they must find the work offer for you?

New User

I paid for the program but I must find a job to obtain a visa

Like Jess, I don't understand what the program is about if it isn't about helping you finding a job?

New User

thank you for your attention to my problem! I'll try to explain the другому.І need a job in America in the summer of 2014 on the program Work and Travel visa J1. If you have any suggestions - I would be very grateful).

The unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm of the Miami Galaxy

We all think you have turned the problem upside down, Alina.

The whole purpose of the Work and Travel Visa J1 programme is that you do these things in order.

1. Find a job, a year before you want to get to the USA.
    2. Get your prospective employer to write you a letter, clearly stating that they offer you the job.
    3. With that letter, apply for the J1 visa at your nearest USA consulate/embassy.
    4. Take the letter and all other paperwork to the consulate for the visa interview.
    5. Pay the consulate.
    6. Wait half a year.
    7. Get your visa in your passport.
    8. Make arrangements with your employer to come over.
    9. Make arrangements to stay somewhere here.

We are all afraid you overlooked that between step 1. and step 8. there should be about a year...

Hoppie
    Matt Meltzer and Alina95 like this.