Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dreamwriter
  • 1 Post By Matt Meltzer
  • 1 Post By Indian Barbie

Thread: ISP/TV/Cell

New User

Default ISP/TV/Cell

Hello,

I'm moving to the Flamingo South Beach this summer. I'm looking for advise in picking TV/Internet provider (AtlanticBB / ATT u-verse, ?) and also cellphone service (i have been out of the US for the last 2 years, so i have no current US provider).

Since I'm basically moving to an empty apartment from abroad, if you know of a good furniture store, with reasonable prices, that delivers to SOBE, please post.

Any other tip welcome.

Thanks!

Default Re: ISP/TV/Cell

I have T-Mobile, haven't had any problems here with it. I also have Atlantic BB, seems pretty average for internet, not as fast as the Comcast I'm used to but good enough for most things.
    christophe likes this.

Define "reasonable"

New User

Thanks for the suggestion.

Reasonable in this case might be $20k max. to furnish a 3 bedroom apart (but the lower the better). We do have a few pieces we are moving back to the US (currently in France).

Comcast does not appear to offer residential service in SOBE. Please correct me if this is not true (was a happy Comcast customer before leaving the US).

Any of the Rooms to Go locations would probably work for you. OR El Dorado. Not as cheap as Ikea and not as nice as West Elm, but they'll deliver to you can you can furnish your apt for that amount.
    christophe likes this.

I think the Flamingo has a deal with Rooms to Go to rent furniture from them on a monthly basis at a discounted rate. I would make the drive to Gulf Stream-Pottery Barn, West Elm, Z Gallerie, the Container Store, and Crate and Barrel are all there for you. I refuse to pay full price in any of those stores and watch the sales. Sometimes they even give you a discount if you are willing to buy the floor model but that is a personal preference. I also like City Furniture. They have very good prices and quality is not bad at all. El Dorado has an outlet store but it is not my taste (everything is so big). Good luck because furniture can be very expensive here but it all based on personal preference.

They really push the U Verse at the Flamingo. They get a kickback for selling it. Watch the Flamingo they run a lof of scams there and will nickle and dime you for everything. Comcast is not available to you and Atlantic Broadband is very expensive. I pay about 156 a month for DVR, data connection, and tv. I think they have a 6 month intro fee that is cheaper. I would much prefer to get my service from Comcast they are always willing to lower the fees for good paying customers. Altantic Broadband could care less because this is a transient city and they make so much off their activation fees.

I personally have been with AT&T since 1996 when it comes to cell service. They have the best network nationwide. Miami has a lot of things that interfere with cell signal-water, concrete, security systems, glass, etc... I have a friend that stays very busy here because he sells antennas to buildings to improve their poor cell phone reception here. The buildings are so old here and were not built for the technology we use now and the architects and engineers don't take technology into consideration when building the new buildings. That is why wifi is so bad here. No one thought all the glass they have at the Viceroy and the SLS will affect their cell phone and wifi signals.
    christophe likes this.