Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Marine Stadium News

First off, I'd like to thank Matt for his story which updates us all on the imminent restoration of the Marine Stadium.

Uniquely enough, this instantly became a peeve of mine my last night as a citizen of Los Angeles. I spent my final night at the Century Plaza, and in it's lobby that day it featured a presentation of endangered buildings, including the hotel. Also included in the display was a bit on Miami's Marine Stadium, and it spurred me to learn more.

Subsequently, I trespassed the grounds and imagined what once was. Though I'm not into Buffet, I never wanted to be a Parrot Head more than that day.

Matt's article gives us hope that this gem will shine again. To my dismay, and it's not surprising, we were lied to again
    as the mayor six years ago the stadium is high on his agenda. My the city hasn't appropriated the funds and preferred to subsidize a billionaire baseball team owner. A painting Jeff Loria sold in 2013 alone can pay for the restoration. Miami for you.

In years past, I've been able to hand over tokens of help to Friends of Miami Marine Stadium. I'm surprised I didn't get a memo of this clean-up drive. Would have loved to helped out.

Can't wait till Jimmy Buffet opens up this joint in the near future and the other acts that will follow.

http://www.marinestadium.org/

Default Re: Marine Stadium News

Default Re: Marine Stadium News

Thanks, Blackford.

The event wasn't actually open to the public to clean up. You had to be part of Tourism Cares to do it, AND you had to pay money to go on the trip. I got a press release from their PR to come cover it, but the actual clean up was a private thing. Weird, right?

I'm so looking forward to when it reopens. It's a long timetable but I think it'll quickly mean we get much better concerts down here.