Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Young Professional Looking to Buy in South Beach

Hello Everyone, I am a 25 year old that has grown up living in the North Miami area all my life. I just got a great job working on Key Biscayne and I finally wanted to purchase a place of my own. My price range is anywhere between 250k-500k for a 1 bedroom 1 bath or potentially a 2 - 2, I have been looking all over the Brickell and South Beach everywhere for the best place to buy and where I can meet people around my age group and still have a great time. I would really like to just focus my search on the south beach area. I really liked the Belle Isle Park area and the Sunset Harbor. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions of good buildings or areas to buy?

Default Re: Young Professional Looking to Buy in South Beach

Quote Originally Posted by BigSwellNel View Post
    Hello Everyone, I am a 25 year old that has grown up living in the North Miami area all my life. I just got a great job working on Key Biscayne and I finally wanted to purchase a place of my own. My price range is anywhere between 250k-500k for a 1 bedroom 1 bath or potentially a 2 - 2, I have been looking all over the Brickell and South Beach everywhere for the best place to buy and where I can meet people around my age group and still have a great time. I would really like to just focus my search on the south beach area. I really liked the Belle Isle Park area and the Sunset Harbor. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions of good buildings or areas to buy?
    That's a great question! And congrats on the job in KB...

Sunset Harbour is definintely booming right now and the few buildings in the area are very pricey. With that said, you should have no problem getting a 1 bed at Sunset Harbour South or North (1800/1900 Sunset Harbour Drive).

Belle Isle is a great place to live and very peaceful. Not sure about your age group in those buildings. 9 Island is a great building but its only 2 bedrooms and they start at $695k. Some of the other buildings will be in your price range but might not have the crowd you seek.

West Ave is also a great location for you. There is a beautiful (but small) 1 bedroom at Floridian that is direct bay view for $489k. A 2 Bedroom starts at $550k with non bay views. Other buildings that would be of interest include Waverly, Mirador, and even the Flamingo. There are lots of 2 bedroom units with Balconies at Flamingo in the $400k range. HOAs are high though, but are high at most of those buildings I mentioned. (Figure $500+ for a 1 bedroom and $750+ for a 2 Bedroom per month. Most include Cable, Water,Sewer, Trash, parking)

Have you been pre-approved yet for these amounts or are you buying cash? That will make a big difference in where you can buy (very hard to finance at Flamingo vs. easier at the Waverly).

I have a client looking for a similar search right now (younger crowd, nice building, West Ave/Sunset/Belle) and he decided on Floridian just because the views are better and its a newer building with Washer/Dryer in unit vs some of the other Belle Isle buildings.

Hope this answers your questions!

New User

Default Re: Young Professional Looking to Buy in South Beach

Thank you so much Marc Middleton for your detailed response! I would really like to talk to a realtor who has some personal experience living on south beach. I have been looking at the cheaper condo units at 3 Island Ave and 20 Island Ave because my heart is set on finding a condo with a balcony and bay view. I don't mind spending a little more up front for a property that is going to hold its value and a place that I love being in. At first I was set on living at the Mondrian because of the great prices and the amenities but i found out I could not get financing for a Hotel-Condo . Belle Isle seems like my next best option because I could easily get a membership to the Standard and use all of their amenities including the pool and gym and meet the same kind of people that would be staying at the Mondrian. Do locals around Belle Isle usually do this also?