Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Got the Green Light to Move to Miami Beach

Default Re: Got the Green Light to Move to Miami Beach

Driving the bridges gets really old really fast, I say it every time.

As a general rule, double the drive time a realtor tells you (Except Marc, obviously) it takes to get to South Beach. Those times don't factor in on-beach street traffic, looking for parking, etc. I leave 35 minutes from Brickell to get anywhere in Sobe and I'm generally fine. I think it's that "I'm 15 minutes from South Beach" mentality that makes people late all the time.

ANYWAY I'll be back the end of this month to get caught up on restaurants. Best of luck, sir!
    Jess likes this.

Elchevere. Good news for you. Good luck selling your place in San Diego.
    elchevere likes this.

UPDATE: 60+ days and still no offers, let alone a lowball offer or acceptable one.

I have a feeling I will take off the market in early-mid October if nothing by then and start fresh in the spring with a new agent from a national company (i.e. Berkshire Hathaway, Coldwell Banker, One Sotheby, etc.) who has more resources, agents within the same company in other parts of San Diego and all of SoCal, and who will actually market and target my place to the right buyer.....my current guy is an independent who knows my complex well but probably has much more limited contacts and has refused to do email blitzes or any print ads.....MLS website advertising and dropping my price (just dropped it the other day) does not seem to be working, attracting the right buyer or overcoming the obstacles ( aged complex that millennials will bypass for more modern highrises, limited buyer pool based on my floorplan, and recent comps within my complex holding back/scaring off potential buyers from my costlier, more upgraded unit) that a more aggressive and more resourceful agent will.....might hire a stager but holding off on living through hardwood floor installation (new buyer can do that and replace my carpeting after I move out).

If nothing else, this has been a good learning experience and test run that will better prepare me for a more serious effort in the spring....besides, I believe spring is a better selling season than the summer--at least in San Diego....people want to be in their new place by the start of the summer so they can enjoy the beach rather than moving during the summer....will also give me more breathing space v. current comps in my complex and I will have paid my mortgage down by another $15-20K by next spring.

Congratulations! Super jealous over here!

ETA: Strange to have no offers. We're using Sotheby to sell one of our Austin condos.

Wow not one offer? San Diego has a very different market than over here. I thought everyone wants to move to Cali?

Somehow my agent thinks with14 showings in 60 days and only listings on real estate websites (no other marketing--no broker caravans, no print ads, no direct mail or email blitzes) exposure is not the issue....he also thinks the only reason I am not in escrow now is because I'm not pricing my place the same as smaller and lesser upgraded units...this is the same agent who knocked on my door last week to see if he had left keys to another unit at my place--turns out he misplaced them.

Me thinks this agent sucks...checking with my attorney to see if I can break my agreement or fire this guy--he has exclusive rights to sell my place through early November.....welcome to San Diego--the city of mediocrity and where half ass is full speed.
    Last edited by elchevere; 08-17-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
    Somehow my agent thinks with14 showings in 60 days and only listings on real estate websites (no other marketing--no broker caravans, no print ads, no direct mail or email blitzes) exposure is not the issue....he also thinks the only reason I am not in escrow now is because I'm not pricing my place the same as smaller and lesser upgraded units...this is the same agent who knocked on my door last week to see if he had left keys to another unit at my place--turns out he misplaced them.

Me thinks this agent sucks...checking with my attorney to see if I can break my agreement or fire this guy--he has exclusive rights to sell my place through early November.

]welcome to San Diego--the city of mediocrity and where half ass is full speed.
    Ahhh....if that bothers you you are going to HATE Miami
    Jess, Martin F and jwisdom789 like this.

If nothing else, this has been a good learning experience and test run that will better prepare me for a more serious effort in the spring....besides, I believe spring is a better selling season than the summer--at least in San Diego....people want to be in their new place by the start of the summer so they can enjoy the beach rather than moving during the summer....will also give me more breathing space v. current comps in my complex and I will have paid my mortgage down by another $15-20K by next spring.
    That's a bummer! sorry you are having problems with the sale.

I just showed a real bargain the Floridian (as You've seen me write before, one of my favorite buildings). Because of the West Ave construction and lobby renovation, units are having a hard time selling. Unit 302 is a 1 bedroom corner with a wraparound balcony and you can see the bay & the bridge from your balcony and a little bit from the bedroom window. Needs some updating and the bedroom isn't that large..but only $325k! Its about $150/sq ft cheaper than all recent comps and the guy is eager to sell! Maybe he'd take $300k!

Tell your agent he has 30 days to sell it or you are firing him :-)
    Jess likes this.

Checked with an attorney--legally, he can hold me to end of existing contract date. We can both agree to part ways, though I will need new contract in place--email or verbal wont cut it and he could seek some reimbursement for time and effort already spent if sold by another agent prior to expiration date..might have to ride it out and hope he gets lucky--I can only imagine how little he will fight for me in battling a lowball offer, in which case I still have final say and right of rejection.

Already having discussions with other agents from full service, national chains who will market the place when the time comes by using all resources available. Floorplan and price could be preventing sale, but lack of any marketing plan besides price isnt cutting it and he seems to think he's doing all he can...at least I know that my current high asking price should pass an appraisal if the buyer needs to finance, per my loan agent...I WILL get to SoBe--just going to take a little longer than initially planned.....yikes.
    Last edited by elchevere; 08-17-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Marc knows best!

Surely you can fire him when you prove he is making zero effort. A contract is a two way street, he has to uphold his side of the deal by trying to sell it.

He's not making zero effort --still getting 1-2 showings a week; he's not going beyond his minimal marketing effort (website exposure only), in spite of numerous suggestions from me....no broker caravans, no email campaign, no print ads, does not think staging is necessary, etc...not sure he is required to do that, definitely not in our contract--maybe that's my fault.
    Last edited by elchevere; 08-17-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Are you able to do any of that yourself? I staged my own house when we sold it. That part was easy. Keeping it that way was not.

He's not making zero effort --still getting 1-2 showings a week; he's not going beyond his minimal marketing effort (website exposure only), in spite of numerous suggestions from me....no broker caravans, no email campaign, no print ads, does not think staging is necessary, etc...not sure he is required to do that, definitely not in our contract--maybe that's my fault.
    That is so weird. you'd think a realtor would really want to sell it.

They call that being "laid back" in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    That is so weird. you'd think a realtor would really want to sell it.

They call that being "laid back" in San Diego.
    This made me laugh. I'm sorry for your suffering.

I'm already looking ahead in the event my place doesn't sell with "laid back" and have met with agents from Berkshire Hathaway and Keller Williams....already impressed--world of difference in terms of their approach, creativity, aggressiveness, and the fact they have a team behind them and seemingly many more contacts....maybe this current guy will get lucky (doubt it); if not, I'm lining up my A-team bullpen.

Entertaining thread

Entertaining thread ..... especially with the introduction of variables and and now theorems. Inveighing as I go.

Moving / buying in Miami was scribbled on the margn of a Pee Chee. Same Pee Chee the three 3 moves. If I took the Algebraic method, I'd own a ranch in Montana by now.

Luck, dude.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast