Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Thread: Dysfunction 305

Default Dysfunction 305

With over 30 years with something so do with Miami, I'm still taken back. My Miami experience incluses hopping to our third condo. A perch that I've always been hesitant to call home along with the others.

Though many here complain, we also boast about the dysfunction of the city a wear it like a badge of honor. The citizenry is compliant letting politicians create a Tokyo in a limited boundary. And nobody votes. When 40 Miamians show up to vote like in 2012, it was a major crisis.

I have an affinity for Miami aside the bs but it's fair to say I'm more Florida centric than many here, so my perspective is obviously different. We don't have many cosmopolitan cities in the state... the one's that do don't have Miami's problems and in cases better beaches. Love the fact the Cubans in Tampa have assimilated and progressed that city to the point they assimilated and allow salami into the sandwich. Assimilation in Miami will never be possible until city planners see the wisdom of developing a city W of the 95.

Honestly, Miami is one of the most f'd cities I've ever seen. And what's cherished there is really no big thing. I already confessed I love Sea Grape and Key Biscayne. At the moment enough to hold me over. I don't see any other draw.

What say you ?

Default Re: dysfunction 305

Left out the ode her which is, get out and vote. Also finally putting money where my mouth is; seeking a Miami downgrade w of the 95. Gave our gal the particulars of what we require. A house of course ( tired of condos ) with a pool and a Banyon in the yard wouldn't hurt. Maybe I'm conditioned from living in LA where there is no immediate need to live near a water line or on top of someone. This narrative of living in a restrictive area in Miami is pretty stupid.

Default Re: Dysfunction 305

If you have a house in Central FL, what is the attraction of a second in Miami? Where would you have it? Id opt for the Grove, so you can still take advantage of Key Biscayne and water sports etc. Better yet, just buy on Key Biscayne.

Default Re: Dysfunction 305

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    If you have a house in Central FL, what is the attraction of a second in Miami? Where would you have it? Id opt for the Grove, so you can still take advantage of Key Biscayne and water sports etc. Better yet, just buy on Key Biscayne.
    Good point as it's less important to us as Mrs. got laid off last Decemeber and her base office was in the Courvossier building on Brickell Key. We have been shown a few homes inland that appeal to us and a downgrade is likely as neither of us are earning wages at the moment and as you know, HOA fees are crazy and low return for what you pay - especially if you're only there once a month.

We looked at other worthy places in FL but even though we diss Miami as a past time, there is no other place like it. The dysfunctional quality of it does have an appeal despite the limited beautiful physical landscape.