Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What's Up With South of Fifth?

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Default Re: What's Up With South of Fifth?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    And they just got a Rok:Brgr! I'm sure that's a huge selling point for you, Jess, but still that's a great spot.
    Delray is also getting a Louie Bossi. They just signed the lease last week. Boca will be #2 and Delray #3.
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
    Delray should be easier--that's called suburbia..No different than any other city v suburbia. Marin v SF, Long Island v Manhattan, etc. Also, SoFi and SoBe certainly has a noticeable international presence and crowd.

..if you have a problem with the food in Brickell, I am shocked to hear you think the food is better in Delray. What restos have I missed??...Once I outgrow the 6 block stretch of Atlantic Avenue and smaller Pineapple area within 3 weeks--with a crowd that makes me feel as though I'm on the set of "Jersey Shore"..yo, Situation-- you can drive 15 minutes to Boca (with law enforcement on the watch for DUI along the way) for like, homogeneous atmosphere or 15 minutes to West Palm, which I liken to a giant Ocean Drive minus the oceanfront with even crappier restaurants and Dick's Last Resort ambiance. I've got a high net worth friend who lives 1 house from the ocean in PB at the end of Australian and The Breakers, Worth Avenue and Buccan are lovely, but a bit too slow for me. Delray might be fine to spend one weekend night visiting a friend every 3 months, but not living there--at least for me.

Reminds me of my days of living in Orange County, CA....I frequently had to escape "the curtain" and head up to LA for excitement...many people I met, white like me--but ultra conservative--would explain to me "we prefer it here where it is clean and safe" and would not go beyond the OC County line if you paid them....aside from my taking their "line" as some form of dog whistle, I would tell them "I prefer dirty and dangerous to clean and safe, more fun".

True statement, because I stood in line at Daiokuya in Little Toyko many times with many OC people. They've expanded and I hope that doesn't kill my favorite LA joint. They usually close in Deecember and the whole staff heads to Japan.

I'm not a foodie dude nor sensitive as far what I eat. Did find the Andrew Zimmerman San Diego promo hilarious. Do San Diegans really put french ries in their burritos ? One thing I have to admit, it's a chore to find Pacifica Beer in FL.

Eche ... a true story.

My wife was a tough conquer. She professionaly dabbled in LA, MIA and Colombia. When she had an offer to relocate in LA, I made my pitch for her to return to LA at the produce section at Ralphs. My Dinosuar Egg presentation sealed the deal clinched it. Now everytime we go to Publix she jokes and asks me to fill a bag of Dinosuar Eggs. I can't even fill a bag with Jalepenos here because they go bad after three days. Hade get like no more than four. And check this out ... when I moved to FL, we had a tomato shorage. The whole East code did as I remeber when I noved here, I drove from NYC to FL one Thankdgiving, and you couldn't have it your way anywhere along the drive.

I'm not a foodie. I just eat sh!t. I presume we all have-to.

I know you're not a foodie, but the chef is Andrew Zimmern. Not Zimmerman.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123