Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    601
    Likes Received
    75

    Default Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    Greetings;

    I have almost always had a black exterior/black leather interior car...time to order a new vehicle--how crazy would I be to order that combination based on an impending move to Miami?...not sure I would be able to get ventilated seats...talking trapped heat/cooling down perspective, not aesthetics.

    Has never been an issue in FauxCal, but then its never 90/90 here either.
    Last edited by elchevere; 11-21-2016 at 10:06 AM.

  2. #2
    Moderator Jess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    10,353
    Likes Received
    698

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    It doesn't really matter what car you have, the inside will be a sauna in summer. Invest in a windscreen reflector and you'll be fine. Plenty of people have black interior in their car. It's more about parking in shade than the car itself.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    74
    Likes Received
    3

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    I have a black car/black leather interior and it can get pretty hot here too. I have tinted windows and use a sunscreen in the windshield as Jess says and it works fine even when parked in the sun all day.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Blackford Oakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brickell Key / CFL
    Posts
    5,850
    Likes Received
    562

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    The wife started off with a black car and complained how easily it looked dirty. Heat was never an issue with a car on FL. But there's a valid reason for your question as the Miami Dolphins wear their white jerseys as a home team.

    As for me, I've always go silver. After two months with the black car, we exchanged her car for a white one.

    Name:  mb.png
Views: 96
Size:  507.2 KB

    I of course drive the Honda, and when I drive her car in Miami, I often get asked if I'm Russian or live on Sunny Isle.... LOL ! Have no clue why Russians drive white cars, and eventually you'll notice that fad.

    Good thing here unlike CA, you can tint your windows darker shades. Other thing different here is you're not required to display a front plate and annual car registration fees are cheap and uniform, and not based on the value of the car.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Marc Middleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Miami
    Posts
    1,310
    Likes Received
    389

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    Quote Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
    Greetings;

    I have almost always had a black exterior/black leather interior car...time to order a new vehicle--how crazy would I be to order that combination based on an impending move to Miami?...not sure I would be able to get ventilated seats...talking trapped heat/cooling down perspective, not aesthetics.

    Has never been an issue in FauxCal, but then its never 90/90 here either.
    I have a blue on black leather car. You have to invest in Tint and I usually try to do really black in the back windows and the state law on the front windows. Try to park in shade but its not a huge deal if its just an hour or two at a mall. Its much hotter in the Orlando area in the summer and you almost have to park in shade in the summer up there.

    My new ride has Air Conditioned seats and remote start so I start it up a few mins before I'm walking over and always leave my A/C seat on so the seats are nice and cool when I get in :-)

  6. #6
    Senior Member Blackford Oakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brickell Key / CFL
    Posts
    5,850
    Likes Received
    562

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
    I have a blue on black leather car. You have to invest in Tint and I usually try to do really black in the back windows and the state law on the front windows. Try to park in shade but its not a huge deal if its just an hour or two at a mall. Its much hotter in the Orlando area in the summer and you almost have to park in shade in the summer up there.

    My new ride has Air Conditioned seats and remote start so I start it up a few mins before I'm walking over and always leave my A/C seat on so the seats are nice and cool when I get in :-)
    Still got my Honda Element. It's got 192000 miles and still ticking. Do you miss yours ?

    Think I'll invest on a suspension system because it's giving a bit. Maybe got a year or two left to enjoy it. When I'm done with it, I'll go American. Between a Ford Escape or Lincoln MKX.

    I'm in love with the Jaguar XF. Man if I was single .....

  7. #7
    Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    789
    Likes Received
    108

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
    My new ride has Air Conditioned seats and remote start so I start it up a few mins before I'm walking over and always leave my A/C seat on so the seats are nice and cool when I get in :-)
    That remote start is my life in July and August!!

    Yes, the best parking spot at the mall is in the shade and not the closest one to the entrance.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    601
    Likes Received
    75

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    RE: Jaguar....are you talking about the sedan or that gorgeous 2 door sports car/hard top that looks like a poor man's Aston Martin?....I really love that car but, unfortunately, my company car plan requires a 4 door sedan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackford Oakes View Post
    Still got my Honda Element. It's got 192000 miles and still ticking. Do you miss yours ?

    Think I'll invest on a suspension system because it's giving a bit. Maybe got a year or two left to enjoy it. When I'm done with it, I'll go American. Between a Ford Escape or Lincoln MKX.

    I'm in love with the Jaguar XF. Man if I was single .....

  9. #9
    Senior Member Marc Middleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Miami
    Posts
    1,310
    Likes Received
    389

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    Quote Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
    RE: Jaguar....are you talking about the sedan or that gorgeous 2 door sports car/hard top that looks like a poor man's Aston Martin?....I really love that car but, unfortunately, my company car plan requires a 4 door sedan.
    F-type 2 Door top of the line model is over $100k, definitely not a 'poor man's' anything, lol.

    Blackie - Yes, I loved my Element. With the baby, it was too difficult getting in and out of the suicide doors. But it held everything! We went to pickup a painting from a client's apartment that's about to sell and it didn't fit in my wife's Land Rover..We both said "it would have fit in the element!".


    Speaking of cars, I got my new, sweet blue lexus in July and someone hit me today in Aventura :-(. A car tried to make a left into the plaza from US-1 and t-boned a car going straight. That car unfortunately couldn't stop, jumped the curb, and hit me sitting at the red light. I was so upset...the girls in the car that caused the accident both had their airbags deployed and were sobbing uncontrollably and their car was towed away. That put things in perspective for me..

    But, in my 33 years on this planet, it was my first accident in a car that I was driving...Hard to believe with the hundreds of thousands of miles I've driven in many different vehicles in all parts of the country...All the miles I rode motorcycles as well, in all conditions (pouring down rain, freezing cold, blistering heat, etc.) ...and it takes some idiot impatiently waiting trying to get to starbucks or fresh market to hit someone who then slowly comes at me and hits me..I watched the whole thing unfold in what felt like slow motion. I put it in reverse and tried to give her some extra space but there were so many cars behind me, I didn't have much bail out room.

    I was able to drive away and I have to wait to get it fixed....just a bummer but glad everyone was ok and no ambulance needed.

    Should have seen all the awful Miami-ians though, honking and speeding around us, almost causing more accidents because I was blocking 1 of the lanes until the cop arrived.

  10. #10
    Moderator Jess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    10,353
    Likes Received
    698

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    So sorry to hear about your accident. People here make me sick the way they honk at accidents. I saw someone honk at a person crossing the street today with the white man giving her permission to cross. I feel like asking these drivers, does a human life mean that little to you, that you would speed up at them and then honk when they are in your way?

    No one needs to be that impatient.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Blackford Oakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brickell Key / CFL
    Posts
    5,850
    Likes Received
    562

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    Quote Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
    RE: Jaguar....are you talking about the sedan or that gorgeous 2 door sports car/hard top that looks like a poor man's Aston Martin?....I really love that car but, unfortunately, my company car plan requires a 4 door sedan.
    It comes with 4 doors. The sedan, and I'd get it in white.



    http://www.jaguarusa.com/all-models/xf/index.html

    That's just a pipe dream as I don't believe in paying over $28G for a new car.


    I get my Honda Element oil changed at the dealer , and I'm amazed when I see a brand new Honda Accord on the show room cost as much as 200-300 series Mercedes. That's why the later is parked in my garage. Kind of... she wanted a MB.


    Marc; on the previous post I mentioned my mother hit a car today. She's 82 and it was her first accident. It was her fault.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Marc Middleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Miami
    Posts
    1,310
    Likes Received
    389

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackford Oakes View Post
    It comes with 4 doors. The sedan, and I'd get it in white.



    http://www.jaguarusa.com/all-models/xf/index.html
    Oh ,the XF, my bad. I I saw the F and thought F-Type.

    Yeah, the XF is nice. I was going to get that instead of the lexus but the lease deal wasn't nearly as good for the same sticker price. The new JAG Suv F-Pace just came out and it was only a few Thousand more, but since its new, the lease deals were terrible. I got my car fully loaded with only $1k due at signing ($0 down).

    Blackie - funny you mention the accord..I was going to get that and the lease deal was the same price as the lexus if you can imagine that. Even the Hyundai Sonata fully loaded was only a few bucks less per month.

    Its all about finding that desperate dealer willing to give a car away.. I got lucky, no doubt.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Blackford Oakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brickell Key / CFL
    Posts
    5,850
    Likes Received
    562

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
    Oh ,the XF, my bad. I I saw the F and thought F-Type.

    Yeah, the XF is nice. I was going to get that instead of the lexus but the lease deal wasn't nearly as good for the same sticker price. The new JAG Suv F-Pace just came out and it was only a few Thousand more, but since its new, the lease deals were terrible. I got my car fully loaded with only $1k due at signing ($0 down).

    Blackie - funny you mention the accord..I was going to get that and the lease deal was the same price as the lexus if you can imagine that. Even the Hyundai Sonata fully loaded was only a few bucks less per month.

    Its all about finding that desperate dealer willing to give a car away.. I got lucky, no doubt.
    It's crazy. How many people driving a Honda Accord not knowing they can be in a premium car at the same price ? Still can't believe it.

    I remember the saying back in the day that you needed a mechanic in the trunk when you bought a Jag. Ford has done a great job with that brand.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Marc Middleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Miami
    Posts
    1,310
    Likes Received
    389

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackford Oakes View Post
    I remember the saying back in the day that you needed a mechanic in the trunk when you bought a Jag. Ford has done a great job with that brand.
    The new JAGs have a 5 year / 60k mile bumper to bumper warranty and free scheduled maintenance...There isn't a better warranty out there as JAG is trying to prove they no longer break down all the time. It is one of the lowest in new car maintenance issue vehicles.

    They have come a long way and as I said, that's the car I originally wanted. The new XE is very 'base' though by today's standards and once you start adding stuff, you might as well get the $45k XF.

    Regarding your Accord comment, people just need to shop around honestly and decide if leasing is better than owning. I was able to have my business title the car and I co-sign for it and still got that great deal.

    I think right now a loaded Honda Accord is around $300/month with $2k due at signing. (If you bought that car, it would be over $500/month over 5 years @ 4%) My lexus is fully loaded (with options the Accord doesn't have) for $350/mo with $1k at signing. The extra $1k is worth about $28/mo so had I put $2k down like Honda, my payment would have been only $322/mo. For leasing, its all about the 'money factor multiplier' and any incentives/cash back being offered which can be applied. You are basically financing the 'depreciation' so if you find a car that doesn't appreciate a lot, your payment will be much more aggressive than a car that loses value immediately. (I looked at the Kia K900 top of the line and the lease payment was over $600/month. You can get a Maserati Ghibli for $579/mo....Hmmmm, tough decision)

    And then if you get a good enough deal, you can even 'sell' your lease to Carmax later on or put it up on SwapAlease and ask for cash upfront to takeover your lease. (or if you really hate the car, offer a cash incentive for someone to take it).

    As someone who doesn't keep cars longer than 3 years, buying is a total waste for me as we are always 'upsidedown' at trade in time, no matter how many hours/days i spend scouring the internet looking for the best deal. At best, I sometimes break even unless I decide to sell it myself on AutoTrader/Ebay..but you have to wait and wait and deal with idiots coming to your house to 'see' it.

    From all my years of buying & selling cars and bikes, either buy a used car cash or lease something and get a new car every 2-3 years with very little out of pocket.

    *Oh, and always put as less down as possible when leasing. if your car is wrecked/stolen, that money down is gone forever!

  15. #15
    Editor Matt Meltzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,738
    Likes Received
    847

    Default Re: Anyone Own a Black on Black Car in Miami?

    Your car will roast whatever color it is. Like Jess said get a sunscreen for your windshield and some dark tints (legal here!) and you'll be good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •