Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Received And Accepted Offer--Miami Awaits

Default Re: Received And Accepted Offer--Miami Awaits

Quote Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
    Did stop off at The Collection in Coral Gables to test drive a few cars....drove through the Gables on University Dr past The Biltmore and numerous tree lined streets--can see why Matt loves this town.

Oh, and Ive already run into the mentally retarded homeless guy who walks around town in hospital scrubs talking to himself at a couple of coffee places.
    Glad to hear you are settling in finally. Living in a hotel would drive me crazy.

CORAL GABLES:
    Yeah, Coral Gables is really nice. I think my issue is the place is a tad too sleepy (basing this on my limited time there). If I was living with a girlfriend or married with kids it would be a very plausible place to live.

BRICKELL/HOMELESS
    On the homeless issue: I saw very few homeless in Miami on my last visit (2015). Though I live in downtown LA which specializes in the homeless. I stayed in Brickell. I didn't see a ton of homeless. As I said, I think that is where I would start my Miami journey as well.

One gripe I did have with Brickell: I would prefer more parks/open space, esp. would be nice if they had a continuous pubic promenade along Biscayne Bay. I hear there are plans for one but private ownership of a lot of bayside parcels is an obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    Glad to hear you are settling in finally. Living in a hotel would drive me crazy.

CORAL GABLES:
    Yeah, Coral Gables is really nice. I think my issue is the place is a tad too sleepy (basing this on my limited time there). If I was living with a girlfriend or married with kids it would be a very plausible place to live.

BRICKELL/HOMELESS
    On the homeless issue: I saw very few homeless in Miami on my last visit (2015). Though I live in downtown LA which specializes in the homeless. I stayed in Brickell. I didn't see a ton of homeless. As I said, I think that is where I would start my Miami journey as well.

One gripe I did have with Brickell: I would prefer more parks/open space, esp. would be nice if they had a continuous pubic promenade along Biscayne Bay. I hear there are plans for one but private ownership of a lot of bayside parcels is an obstacle.
    Skid Row in LA is tecnically 50 blocks. It's mostly concentated by Union Mission and the old Greyhound station. I'm sure tou're more aware about that than I.

There are homeless people in near Brickell. The smart one's moved to LA where they can make a living collecting cans and bottles. Miami is far behind in that aspect.

Shucks ! went on a tangent. SoCasl: if you're comfy in LA - don't move. If you want to dummy down .. no better place than FL.

Parks and open spaces in Miami..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, birckell had the chance to be one of the great urban neighborhoods in America when it began developing a residential component 10-15 years ago. But instead of intelligent planning and design, the city went all in on cash and what we got was a glut of nondescript highrises that nobody outside of the real estate industry is very excited about. Not that foresight has even been the strongsuit of a city built on a swamp, but we definitely blew that one. Quality of life in Brickell is zero.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234