Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Living in Broward: How long is the commute to downtown Miami?

Hello everyone!!

I am new to the site and seems like there are lots of people willing to provide useful info (*sigh of relief). I currently live in the Northeast. I will be working in downtown Miami in a few months. My fiancee will be working either in Miami OR Ft. Lauderdale. Although I am pretty familiar with Miami-Dade, I don't know Broward very well. However, we have decided to live in Broward County, and so we have some questions...

1. Can anyone recommend any dog friendly (60 lbs) apts/rentals/neighbordhoods/towns in Broward County (1 bdrm is fine), which are also in a SAFE neighborhood? (We are aware of rental prices and don't mind higher prices for safer neighborhoods) We are young professionals but have no children, so we want to live somewhere near weekend/leisure things to do for couples with no children.. decent restaurants, nicer bars, etc.

2. I have heard I should stay WEST in Broward.. is that true even if one of us will work in downtown Miami and the other in Fort Lauderdale? How will traffic work out?

3. How long will my commute be from places like Pembroke Pines, Cooper City, etc. to downtown Miami?

An answer to any or all of these would be GREATLY appreciated!! Any other info related to this would be helpful too!

Mil gracias!!

Hello and welcome -

I know nothing about dogs, so cna't help you there.

LIving West is great if you don't have to comute to downtown Miami. that is a long, long journey that many peopel make every day, but it depends on how comfortable you are with the possibility of a 90-minute 1-way commute on some occasions. East is ok in a lot of places. Like anywhere, Broward has its bad parts and, yes, more of them are further East, but there are a lot of nicer areas over that way too. Hollywood and Hallandale, for example, both good spots. Dania Beach, downtown Ft. Lauderdale and Lauderdale Beach are all nice palces to live.

As for commute times, that really varies by where exactly you live in each one of thsoe cities. The closer to the freeway you are, the better. I'm sure someone here could detail that a little better than I.

New User

hello. I used to live in broward, and now I live in miami. when I mean broward, I mean ft. lauderdale area. I drove to miami beach a few times while living in Broward and from my experience it took about an hour in a half to commute there. you may get lucky with traffic sometime and it could be a little shorter, but to be safe it's about an hour in a half drive.