Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Condo amenities at Blue... Or lack there of

---
    System: The following message was cut out of thread at: forums/viewthread/197/ by Gus - 11:00am on Nov. 6, 2006
    ---

Albert, I personally think Blue has bigger problems other the noise from the traffic on the causeway. If someone is interested in purchasing a unit, and has a concern about the noise they should only look at units above the 20th floor. You may still hear some noise on the 20th floor, but it becomes bearable.

I also think the best views are in the 12 line and again to capture them you need to be on floors 26 and above to not be blocked by the Charter Club.

One major problem with the building is the quality of finishes that the developer left unfinished, as well as having a lot of the common areas and amenities not completed. The developer just handed the building over to the Association.

A word about the air conditioning units

There is a big problem with all the AC units in the building. Our unit's AC was making a horrible sound for three weeks. A YORK representative came and told us that there myabe a problem, but could not tell if it was the A/C unit or the pipes that carry water. I am concerned, but the noise stopped after we complained to the association.

As we move forward with a future Hyperion settlement/negotiation/litigation, we have hired a forensic engineering company to inspect the building and generate a report for the Association. The inspection process can takes up to 180 days from beginning to end. The development turnover process takes time. While we wait, we are continuing to listen and catalog all complaints which we will deliver together with engineering findings, CPA audit, and other outstanding issues as one body of evidence when it comes time for formal talks with Hyperion. We'll take a look at the Hill/York agreement in the meantime to see what our current warranty options are.

Sent: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 4:28 PM
    Subject: [bluecondo] Airconditioning units>

Dear Owners & Boardmembers,
    We are having BIG problems with A/C units in the building including but not exclusive to mine. My one A/C unit has been down almost a month now with it needing a new circuit board & thermostat . These are expensive parts and now we as unit owners are 'caught in the middle' as York has said that the units are OUT OF WARRANTY even though we as owners have not even lived there one year yet--from our closings--but that the units were delivered & taken posession of from Hyperion 2 YEARS AGO!

This is unacceptable to the owners. From OUR perspective, we should have a 1 yr. warranty after our closing. This should be the responsibility of Hyperion to pick up the tab for the work & parts for these units--in my opinion.

What good are our warranties if the appliances sat around for 2 yrs because Hyperion took so long to build.

Should we continue to go without A/C because everyone is playing 'pass the buck'??

I know Monica is on top of this but I wanted to make all aware of continuing problems & surprises such as these.

Just what warranties really are current at this time & have not expired, can someone try to research this for the owners & get w/ Hyperion to verify OUR rights as well as our 'obligation' as owners with regard to all warranties--or lack of? Thank you,

Dear P&L,
    Thank you for your response to my posting--I am sure it is just one of many issues--but something not to be overlooked. I am also concerned as to a posting awhile back regarding the 'thin walls' and lack of soundproofing in as much as people can actually HEAR people talking next door as well as their pictures shaking from the music being played in the next unit?!

Not living there as of yet--I do not have the personal experience but that sounds like it should be on the construction list also. Just seemed as if it might have been overlooked. We need to get more owners involved to help support our "Board" as they cannot do this overwhelming task on their own--pls sign up for the different committees & show our support & concern for our homes. Lets build ourselves a beautiful 5 star resort--as promised by Hyperion! Let's show them how a beautiful high end bldg SHOULD look & feel with the WOW factor!! All the best going forward

Dear S&L,
    We have hired a forensic engineering company to thoroughly inspect the building and generate a report for the Association as we move forward with a future Hyperion settlement/negotiation/litigation (Monica should have a sample report in the Management Office for review).

This inspection process usually takes up to 180 days from beginning to end. The engineering company will be sending out questionaires shortly to all the building residents to fill out which they will then analyze for any patterns in terms of resident complaints. It sounds as if the A/C problem would show up as one of those patterns. We will also make them aware of this issue so that they can investigate it further

If anyone is intrested in reading what the residence/owners of Blue of have to say they can visit the Yahoo Group For the building

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bluecondo/

Wow, thats too bad seems like a nice product.