Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default What to Wear at a Real Estate Job Interview?

I have an interview next week for a commercial real estate brokerage in downtown, Metro1 Properties. I don't know what to wear. I have been to the office before and have seen people wearing anything from very casual to very professional. The company specializes in commercial office space, warehouses, commercial leasing and sales, LEED and green office space. They are located in Wynwood. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

You wear a suit no matter what your gender is.

Suzanne C

I agree with Burgandy but more importantly, you wear a suit NO MATTER what the current employees wear.

Upon being hired, most places will tell you if what the dress code is, if any, but for an interview- you should always wear your Sunday best!

Preferred Member

Most definitely a suit. I agree with Suzi, you always wear a suit for an interview, no matter what the employers are wearing. Professionalism is key. Good luck in your interview!!

hey rider, great question. i'm not a miami resident yet, so i hope you don't mind me chiming in..
    I agree with these guys 4sure..but just in case you don't have a suit..don't frett. but it would be a good time to get one, especially being in sales. you will have to spend some dough and get it taylored most likely and that takes a week sometimes. but dress to impress for sure.

more importantly, remeber this is like a sales call, or sales presentation. you are going in to sell your self. this is like a potential clent. you want to look the best, be professional, and most importantly, be confident. there may be quite a few other potential candidates for the same position. also, they are interviewing you, and you are interviewing them. you want to see i f this will be a good match up.

you may already be a superstar in the interview process and have 100 suits, i dont know..but here are a couple links that have some great interview tips:

http://www.interviewtips.org/

50 most Q&A in the interview:

http://bhuvans.wordpress.com/2006/08...-interview-qa/

i hope this helps and you get the job!! good luck!!

JoeyR