Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Want to Move to Miami

My husband and I hail from Denver, CO but we love the beach and would like to relocate to Miami. We are a young couple and we love lounges, and bars (not so much the dance clubs), we also want to live close to the beach. I am avidly looking for jobs down in the Miami area but the only website I have found to help my search is Monster.com. Does anyone have any ideas of local papers or websites that may have job postings? Also, I was curious to know the best neighborhoods/buildings to live in(our price range is anywhere from 900-1600 a month). Any help on giving insight to this city is appreciated, thank you!!

Hi love the beach,

Welcome to Miami Beach 411!!! Did you read the moving to Miami posts in the Real Estate and Investments Forum? That would be the best place to start.

You will find links to resources for jobs and apartment rentals on the post titled, "How Much Money would I need to save in order to Move to Miami"

My questions are - Have you ever been to Miami for an extended period of time? And when are you thinking of moving?

New User

Thanks! I will check there. I have not been there for an extended amount of time, but my husband used to vacation in South Beach often for a week or two at a time. I have only been through Miami and I plan to take a trip down there sometime in the beginning of next year(its very expensive to fly there from Denver). We are thinking about moving around July or August, and we are prepared to stay forever, or just for a year or two.

I thought would just be here for a little while too but it's going on 12 years now.

It's hot in July and August but rentals are lower priced at that time.

Here are some links to previous post that may be helpful:

How Much Money would I need to save in order to Move to Miami

Reasonable Apartment near South Beach

moving to miami questions

Move to Miami - Looking for a family neighborhood

Miami is really different than Denver and South Beach is really different than Miami. From what you said earlier, I think South Beach is where you will be happiest.

You have lots of time to research before making a move. I know our fellow community members will be happy to give you some input.

Does anyone have some advice for love the beach?

Hi, Love the Beach! Welcome to the forum!

Michelle is right. Miami is different than South Beach and even other parts of the beach are different too. I live in Mid-Beach and believe it's the best place around here for pricing and quality of life.

The Brickell business district, where you may be likely to find work as it is the financial center of Miami, is also close to Miami Beach and has many apartment buildings.