Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Searching for a job in Financial industry

I'm from Denver, CO and currently work in a Trust company as trustee or custodian for 401K plans, I work closely with IRA accounts and wealth management accounts and I am avidly looking for a job in Miami. If anyone knows of any company websites, or local listings I could look up it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, love the beach, thanks for posting. I hope we can help you find employment.

FYI, Miami's job market ain't that pretty. From my experience, jobs here pay about 20% less than other major cities.

Are you searching Craigslist and Backpage?

What kind of companies would be interested in a person who loves the beach, with your qualifications?

New User

I am interested in any kind of banking that doesn't include commision only, however I am also interested in recreation sports as well. I have 3 years experience in the financial industry, and will be finishing my marketing degree in May, so I have a pretty broad background. I have also coached swim teams, been a volleyball coach, and the list goes on and on. Mostly I am looking for a well-paying job ($35000+) that I can start out with down there until I really establish myself and get used to the area. We are thinking of moving next summer (far I know) but if the right job were to come along then I would consider moving earlier.

As for job seeking, start with The Herald. It's also linked to Career Builder. The Miami New Times also has a classifieds section called Backpage.

I would also check the local government websites for coaching opportunities in Parks and Recreation.

City of Miami Beach

Miami-Dade County

City of Miami

Gus

You sound like a well-rounded person.

People with good communication usually have an easy time finding a job here. If you're bilingual, you're golden.

An entry level job paying 35k in Miami might be hard to come by.

You can find a 4-day a week restaurant gig that pays 60k a year.

Why are you moving? I'd imagine the quality of life in Denver is pretty good.

New User

You are right, the quality of life in Denver is fabulous...unfortunately my husband and I have always wanted to live by the beach and since we are young, we thought that it might be the perfect time to do it before we "settle" down. From what I can tell, it's going to be extremely difficult to find a job down there that pays anything near 35k which I thought was a little weird since the cost of living isn't that much different from Denver.

Gus

But why do you want to live near the beach in Miami?

Please don't tell me it's becasue you're "Nip Tuck" fans. %-P

Are there any other beach communites you are considering?

New User

Well, my husband has been to Miami several times and he loves it. We are worried about moving to a podunk beach town because we are so used to the city, so we thought that Miami would be the best of both worlds. We have vacationed in Clearwater/Tampa before so we have been considering that as well, but we are aware that it is saturated with older people and slower paced lifestyle.

I think moving to Miami Beach is a great idea!! It's a great city, with beautiful people, and a lot going on. Plus if you are considering buying, it will prove to be a great long term investment. Sending your resume to a head hunter might be a good option. Snelling and Snelling is a good one. Monster.com, the herald, those are all great ideas as well... Good luck.