Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Help selling, renting my home in Cutler Cay

Hi Gus
    My name is Joseph, and I bought a property as an investment but I have found myself caught in a loop where I can't either sell or rent it. A friend told me to come over your site and seek help. I also thought it might be a good way to advertise it.

It is one of the remaining peaceful paradises left in Miami. The property is in luxury community located east of Old Cutler. It is surrounded by a privacy wall and the development of it is around a huge beautiful lake. Near the lake is a multi-million-dollar clubhouse with gym, tennis court and swimming pool on Biscayne National Park. My home has a 5 bedrooms and 4 baths with custom window covering plus many other amenities included granite kitchen and marble bathroom with a roman bathtub.

If you have an idea or suggestion on what to do to rent it or sell it, I'll appreciate any help.
    You can see the photos and general information of the house at: www.cutlercayhome.com

Thanks a lot.
    Joseph
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, Joseph, welcome to Miami Beach 411. Thanks for posting about your house; it looks very nice. I hope we can help you.

Your comment "it is one of the remaining peaceful paradises left in Miami" caught my attention. Finding a family friendly, peaceful paradise in Miami is not so easy.

I'm impressed that you have a website for the house. In case anyone missed the link above, you can see more pictures of Joseph's house here.

Some questions:

1) Does the privacy wall surround the house, or the community?

2) What do you me by a swimming pool on Biscayne National Park?

3) Where can I find more information about the Cutler Cay community?

4) Do you have a real estate agent? If so, how can we conact them?

Some suggestions on selling your home:

• Prepare your house for selling. People buy homes that appear clean, and well maintained.

• If it is not already listed in the MLS, post a flat fee MLS listing.

• Every few days, post a classified at Craigslist and Backpage. Since you are considering both selling and renting the house, post an ad in both sections.

• Consider advertising with Google AdWords. I'm sure you can find some inexpensive keyword phrases. If you need help setting up a campaign, PM me.

• Make sure you have a lawn sign and information sheets.

• Post some driving directions here so people can drive by and see the home.

• Be open to negotiating. The Miami real estate market isn't what it was two years ago.

My suggestion about preparing your home can go along way. I purchased a home once just because the seller had the jacuzzi running and music playing when we arrived. These small touches gave the property a homey feel, and I was hooked.

New User

Hi Gus, thanks for the reply!
    Also, thanks for pointing out these things, it is great!

1) Does the privacy wall surround the house, or the community?
    It surrounds the community, but there is a security check point at the entrance of the community.

2) What do you me by a swimming pool on Biscayne National Park?
    The community is surrounded by Biscayne National Park; but the club house, where the swimming pool is located, is two blocks away from Biscayne National Park

3) Where can I find more information about the Cutler Cay community?
    I don't know either, but I gues you can contact my Realtor, Kelly Gregorakis, (305 - 788 - 4537)
    4) Do you have a real estate agent? If so, how can we conact them?
    Yes, Kelly Gregorakis, (305 - 788 - 4537)

Thanks for the interest, I will also be posting some Google Adwords... I think is a great idea :-)

New User

Hello Gus,
    I did try the google ad words; I think it is a great idea. Though still the house has not been rented, nor sold.

On the other hand, do you have any other suggestion on how to advertise it? Is it possible to ad a banner in miamibeach411; how much would that cost me?

Regarding Cutler Cay, here is the website for the community: http://www.cutler-cay.com; and here is the model of my house: http://www.cutler-cay.com/models_lombardy_milan.cfm. As you can see, I am willing to loose some money on it ($695,000.00 vs. $706,990.00). By the way, would you suggest that I sell it or rent it? What is the status of the market?

Thanks a lot for all your help :-)

Hey Joseph,

You are not alone. Many of the speculative markets down south are having a real hard time selling. The ones that have sold have had huge price drops. Its a rough market out there, plus there are state issues buyers are having to face with: insurances and taxes that have also slowed things down. Things will turn up, hopefully soon. Check out this post Homeowners Insurance Rates Soar, What Can Be Done? an read some usefal information. On the meantime, make sure your paying out the full 3%, qualified buyers are working with realtors, and you want to be sure your making this deal as attractive as possible. Email flyers work great. I have found some good matches for my buyers through these services. I know you said you have an agent, and thats wise. I have to disagree with Gus regarding the flat-fee companies. Those guys do ok when the market is hot, in todays market there not as effective. Most likely they are now focusing there marketing efforts in North Carolina and Texas, 2 markets which are doing pretty good right now. Marketing and price will get your home sold in todays market. Good luck Joseph, once your getting about 1 -2 showings a week, then you know you are about to sell.

New User

Hi Albert,

I just read your post, thanks for your help.
    The link you wrote, is not working, can you please post it again :)

Thanks; and yes, it seems I will need a lot of luck.

Sorry I'm fairly new to the forums and just now learned how to create a link. Here:http://forums.miamibeach411.com/index.php?/forums/viewthread/198/

Hey any hits on the house since your last post? Try the email flyers, they can be very effective. Instead of waiting for realtors to look up and find your property in the MLS, your basically throwing it in his face. Some will spam but many, like myself, will give them a quick look to see if someone comes to mind.