Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Young couple moving to Miami...

...where should we live? My fiance has a fantastic new job in downtown Miami, but I'm from Maryland and he's from Texas, so we are a little clueless.

We'd like to spend no more than $1200/month and we would love to have 2 bedrooms, or at least a den. We'd love a safe neighborhood.

A lot of the posts on here are for families or singles, and we're kinda in the middle. Any advice?

New User

you might want to check out brickell or a new building in downtown miami.... heres my site with some local info www.miamidowntownlife.com and my boyfriend and I live in the Loft II i like it so far...but there are options, so he doesnt have a long commute and you can just take the metro! good luck and hope it helps ;)

At $1200 a month I think Brickell or Downtown is going to be tough to find anything more than a one bedroom. For a 2 BR, check out Kendall. That area has a lot of apartment complexes and is relatively safe and a lot more affordable than Brickell. Downtown is a bit cheaper, but you also ban end up in a real bad area real fast. The major downside of Kendall is that unless you take the Metrorail from Dadeland Mall, your commute will be horrendous. Looking at 75 minutes from West Kendall a lot of days.

If you can try and squeeze into a one bedroom, you should be able to find something in the Brickell area. Even if you want to go a bit over your budget that would be okay because most places have free internet and basic cable, and your boyfriend (and hopefully you too) wouldn't have to drive to work and can just walk. One bedrooms here are about 850 square feet and the living room is a good size. I was living with my girlfriend in my 750 square foot apartment in NY and we managed fine.