Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Hopefully moving next summer

Hello All,
    I would like to introduce myself. I'm Lindsay and my fiance and I are trying to move to the Miami-Dade County next summer. He used to live in the Clearwater area, but my experience is limited to visiting (both Gulf and Coast). We are in our latter twenties, he has a daughter that is three that would be visiting a few times a year. We are looking for a safe community, with the benefits of short commutes, entertainment (he is a bartender), and a job market for me as well (I work in corporate environment). I joined to learn more about Miami and network with those who are already there :) Any suggestions and any advice is much appreciated. TY

That's my spiel. :)

Lindsay

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, Lindsay, thanks for introducing yourself. I like your spiel. Where are you moving from?

This site (MiamiBeach411.com) is a great place to network, and learn more about living in Miami.

If you're fiance is looking for a bartending gig, you'll want to live in South Beach. For the most part, South Beach is a safe beach community. You can walk or bike to work. A bartender here can make anywhere from $200 and $500 a night.

Summer is a good time to find a place to live, but can be a harder time to find a job. Most of the restaurants and bars start staffing up in October and November.

What kind of corporate work do you do?

Hi Lindsay, thanks for joining our community. We're happy to answer any questions you have and help you get to know the city before you get here. :coolsmile:

New User

ANY help or feedback is deeply appreciated!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm Coconut from the Windy City (CHICAGO). For many years, my heart has longed to be an official Miami resident. I attended college in FL back in 1995, but moved to downtown Chicago in 2000. I am planning my transition back to the sunshine state in 2007, where I can start my life as a "30's something, professional" who loves the beach, the vibrant so. FL community and all things international. I'm looking forward to the ridiculously steaming hot weather, mild winters (by my standards), sunrises/sunsets and quick getaways to the carribbean.

QUESTIONS:

Does anyone have advice on neighborhoods/ areas to live?(rent $750 - $1000)
    Important criteria: good management, safety, proximity to A beach (doesn't have to be SOBE), public transportation , reasonable amenities, parking, neighborhood CHARACTER/personality

Could you recommend some decent management companies that have RENT to OWN programs?

Where could I find job leads in the areas of: customs, international trade, exporting or commerce?

Could anyone recommend PROFESSIONAL job /temporary agencies? I just finished law school and waiting to take the FL bar. But, I am also open to traditionally non-legal careers as well.

WHEW...that was a mouthful, ANY help is appreciated!!

THANK YOU, GRACIAS, OBRIGADA!!!!

Coconut