Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Where do people 18-21 years old to live?

I've been considering moving to Miami to pursue my goals of making it in the music industry and I was wondering what would be some good spots for people 18-21 years old to live? Also I never actually been there so is it easy for a newcomer like myself to learn my way around the city, where could I get some maps or something to help me out?

so can anyone help me out?

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, Melo16, welcome to MiamiBeach411.

Making it in the entertainment easy is not easy. It helps to have a thick skin.

What kind of music do you play?

Where are you moving from?

How will you pay the bills?

Have you heard of South Beach in Miami?

The beach is where most of the young people live.

You can find lots of Google Maps here.

Actually I want to produce music but I want to go to a Audio Engineering school first and start off mixing music than I'll eventually take my shot at production. The kind of music I want to make is Hiphop/pop music. I heard the music scene is pretty big out there and lots of connections to be made plus a lot of artists and producers live there, the good weather is also a plus so I figure it would be the perfect spot. if I do decide to go to Miami, I'll be moving from Milwaukee.

also, I was wondering if the city's chamber of commerce can provide maps for me?

^^^anyone?

Are you a AAA member? They can provide you with lots of info, including maps.. Depending on your budget, the place for you is SOBE or right over the Venetian in the downtown/midtown area near the bay. Blue which is right on the bay would be a good option. Networking sites like Meetup and Twitter and Facebook can help you find similar minded people. Going out a lot and to the right places will be a must - all you really need is to meet the right people.

Sorry for our delays, Melo. As you will learn if you move here, things don't move too fast in South Florida.

Are you bringing a car with you? If so, I think the Midtown/design district area would be best if you are not coming here with a lot of money. The Beach is good if you don't have a car, or much need to leave the beach, but can cost twice as much as living on the other side of the bay. And that area is also pretty young.

And why Miami instead of LA? Just curious.