Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Write Opinions About Miami Condos

<p align="left">Years of condo living in DC and Miami have taught me one thing: Humans simply weren't meant to live in such close proximity to one another. Since I can't afford my own 80-acre spread, I decided to create a website to improve the quality of life for those of us whose property line ends at the drywall.

<p align ="left">If you live in a Miami condo, check out my site. It's a place to meet your neighbors, find a workout partner or dog walker, or maybe sell the sofa that no longer matches your paint. Plus, you can gang up with others who share your frustration with the trash in the stairwells, the rude valet parking attendant, or the condition of the gym equipment.

<p align="left">If you've ever felt voiceless or anyonymous in your own home, condopinion.com was created for you. Come see for yourself how good you feel after making your opinions known. Oh, and there's no cost of any kind. That's why they call it "free speech," after all.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

I visited your site. I see where users can choose a condo from a list, but I don't see any opinions.

I like the concept though.

New User

Hey, Gus, thanks for visiting condopinion.com. You're one of the first to see the site, actually. We JUST went live after 6 months in development ... and I feel like I just gave birth! At this point we're trying to get the word out, so people realize they now have a public forum for talking about the issues they face in their condos. Hopefully a lot of people will find us through MiamiBeach411!

Hi opinion8ed1. Welcome! I like the concept of your site and wish you success. I can imagine there are a lot of people out there living in those tall high rises with lots to say. :)

New User

Hi, Michelle, and thanks! Anyone who lives in a condo knows that we spend hours TALKING about our buildings, so if we can just get people in the habit of WRITING, instead, maybe we'll see some change for the better!

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

"Anyone who lives in a condo knows that we spend hours TALKING about our buildings"
    And that's with most condo building in Miami only having a 20% occupancy rate.

Just imagine how busy your site will be when/if those empty condos finally start selling. ;-P

Hi op! What a great idea! I wish you great success with your site.

I rent in a small low-rise condo from the 1960s that is pretty peaceful and low-maintenance, but I know, the mega-condos & rentals of today are something else, with so many "conveniences" that I actually think are "nuisances" in the end. I never thought that kind of living would be appealing to Miamians. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few years.

New User

Thanks, Manola, glad you like condopinion.com! I think it's something that's sorely needed, but it'll take a while for people to find the site. Maybe a mention in your blog would help ;-)

I know what you mean about the smaller condos. I just moved from a 400-unit building to one with just 14 units, and I'm MUCH happier now. In fact, it was my experience in the mega condo that led me to create condopinion.com. Unless you walked a dog regularly, you never met any of your neighbors, so you could feel isolated in the middle of the crowd. And when you DID bump into someone else from the building, all you did was talk about all the problems in the complex. So hopefully once people find condopinion.com they'll have a place to gripe constructively AND get to know their neighbors at the same time.

Fingers crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    "Anyone who lives in a condo knows that we spend hours TALKING about our buildings"
    And that's with most condo building in Miami only having a 20% occupancy rate.

Just imagine how busy your site will be when/if those empty condos finally start selling. ;-P
    The 20% occupancy rate is not 100% accurate :)

That number can only be attributed to a few of the South Beach buildings that have attracted 3rd and 4th home buyers. Buildings in downtown, Brickell, North Bay Village have very high occupancy rates and are typically primary residences.
    Attached Images Attached Images