Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I've never seen anyone wear rain boots in my entire life here, but if you plan on doing a lot of walking in the rainy months, they might be a good idea. (That, and a pair of flip flops.)

I haven't seen too many Uggs here. But stores sell them and sometimes people do wear them during the cooler months. I wouldn't be caught dead in them ... true Florida footwear -- flip flops or sandals with exposed toes (unless you have a formal office job where you have to wear pumps). If you need to edit for packing space, I'd leave the boots back up north.

This is what I mean by rain boots but mine are cuter.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Wome...5713/65713.jsp

Trust me I am bringing all of the shoes you mentioned, but I just need to determine if I'm bringing the equestrian boots, and the scrunchy ones..i guess they are more fall/winter so maybe i will put them in storage.

And I'm very excited about flip flops!

Those boots are really adorably cute!!! However, I've never seen anyone wear that style in Miami. We tend to get rapid spurts of thunderstorms followed by some really heavy humidity in the summer. So I would suggest carrying a pair of flip flops in the purse, because boots would be unbearable in the rainy season after the heavy rains. (That is if you are doing a lot of walking outside.)

I have my uggs here, simply cos it can get cold! 30 degrees tonight... When I moved here last year I only packed for summer and by the time I went home to London for Christmas, I was desperate to bring back some of my winter clothes! And my office is laid back so I am allowed to wear them to work.

Wear what you want really, anything goes here... but flip flops in your bag is a good idea.

I have a pair of rainboots like that, actually. I call them my Paddington Bear boots because they are bright yellow, and they are lifesavers. I keep them in my car because while *my* parking lot doesn't flood, many other people's do.

Plus I am minorly OCD and getting rain water on my feet grosses me out... lol
    I think they are a good investment if you are moving to the beach because the beach FLOODS

xtina, I have never had a need for them, but yes, there's something gross about walking in rain water. Plus it will mess up whatever shoes you are actually wearing. It's not a bad idea if you know you're going to come across some flooded areas. The beach tends to flood in heavy rains but the water recedes quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    xtina, I have never had a need for them, but yes, there's something gross about walking in rain water. Plus it will mess up whatever shoes you are actually wearing. It's not a bad idea if you know you're going to come across some flooded areas. The beach tends to flood in heavy rains but the water recedes quickly.
    true. i had to crack and get them though because 1. my flip flops are all leather and it grosses me out even more that my shoes has rainwater soaked into them and 2. i walked to and from work, so even though the waters receeded quickly, sometimes it wasn't fast enough.

Plus when I worked in North Miami, the lot would flood and the water didn't receed quickly at all. Boots came in fantastically then!

Ok, thanks. I'm going to bring the rainboots and skip the others. I don't like dirty rain/street water all over my feet either.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345