Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Commuting to Boca?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering how hard it was to commute to Boca Raton from Miami? It says that it's under an hour drive according to mapquest. How bad is the traffic?

Thank you.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

What time will you be departing from Miami and returning from Boca?

Is where you're going in Boca close to the freeway?

Hm, I don't know, I was just wondering about finding a job and I see a lot of postings for Boca. Assume that it is...also assume rush hour time (leave Miami at 7:45am, leave Boca 5-5:30pm). Thank you Gus!

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

An hour sounds about right. You'd be driving the opposite way of the heavy traffic.

What type of job are you looking for?

Hi Gus,
    Thanks so much for the reply.

That's gonna be a real unpleassant commute. Even though it would be against the heavy flow of traffic, one accident and it can easily be an hour and a half. If you're looking at a job in Boca, live in Boca. Or at least north Broward County. It's doable but a long commute can ruin your life, especially down here. I highly advise against it.

I-95 in either direction is HELL in the morning hours. Don't know abut the turnpike.

You can always try the tri-rail that goes up to West Palm, passes by Boca.

Thanks guys... I would really want to live in Miami, not Boca. Long commutes are horrible, I have one right now and it isn't fun. I will definitely try to look in Miami first, the problem is it seems like it's closer to commute to Ft. Lauderdale from Miami Beach than it is parts of the mainland.

Btw, is there a commuter parking lot for the tri-rail anywhere near Miami Beach? And, does it actually stop in Boca?

The tri-rail starts from the Hialeah area and heads north-east. There aren't stop in Miami Beach, there IS a stop in Hollywood, after which the rail line basically goes almost parallel to US 1. There are also stops in Boca, check if they're walking distance from the potential job.

Don't think the Tri-Rail is some sort of commuter train that is gonna take you from door to door. At BEST you'll be taking the Mertorail half an hour from downtown Miami to connect to about a half-hour ride north (assuming all of your trains are on time) to likely a bus or two and a long walk to your job in Boca.

Seriously, unless you want a long car commute, living in Miami and working in Boca is NOT a viable option in this region. If you think your commute now is bad, this will likely be worse.

Bond Girl, it is an hour as the crow flies ... in theory. My sister did that commute for a couple of years and she spent most of her free time in a car or in a train -- and she was lucky, because she worked at the airport, which is closer to the station than the beach. I also highly advise against it, especially if you are working regular 9 - 5 hours. The idea of having to drive or take metrorail to the station in Hialeah already gives me a headache.

In addition to accidents, there's also construction going on that slows things down. I know someone who lives in Pompano (way closer than Boca) and works in Downtown Miami. It takes her 40 minutes and she's a speed demon.

Thanks everybody for the info !