Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

china is short for china plate, which rhymes with mate!

So, dog rhymes with bog? I remember bog was the name for the loo.

Another thing I learned during my time in London was to take any statement and make it into a question.

"I'm not goin', am I?"

"The Eiffel Tower is very beautiful, iddnit?"

Sungal, I agree with the idea of starting a blog. It is SO easy, and you have a very endearing writing style. Even just your firs post in this thread is great, very energetic. Go here - http://wordpress.com/ - and sign up. You will automatically have a blog! It will be something like www.sungal.wordpress.com, or whatever you register as. It is really just as simple as posting on a messageboard. I think your perspective as a new move-in would be great for the cynical Miami blogosphere.

Doug, dog as in dog and bone, so "get off the dog" is "get off the phone" something I heard alot from my parents when I grew up.
    Haven't heard china, I like that one.
    The rest of my vocab is all rude and best heard after a few beers.
    Anyway, sorry sungal, we digress...

Sungal! Im here finally! I actually got here on Monday afternoon but haven't had an internet connection. If I remember right, you live like a block away from me...My cross streets are Washington and 17th...lets get together!

DTF..."Down to F*uck." It is a slang term I've learned up here at UF that the college kids use a lot. Like..

"Yeah, this DG hit me up on Facebook last week. I hope I see here out, cuz she's totally DTF."

Everyone I know in Gainesville knows what it means, but outside, yeah, I"ve found myself introducign it to a lot of people. I think it's a great term. Usually only used by girls to refer to themselves ("Billy is hot, I"m totally DTF that guy.") or in reference to another girl, as I put above. Men are, inherantly, always DTF.

Ohh. Like it. Don't think I can pull that off with my Brit accent though.

DG?!

Jess, maybe you could just say "DTS" -- down to shag!

It's more the "down to" part that's the issue.
    DTS could work though.

What would it be over there, "up for"? You'd have to say UFS!

Yeah that is what we say! When I go home on for my next visit I'm gonna try out DTF and see all the blank faces.

That's a new one for me too.

Last night I was planning to go to yoga in flamingo park. But instead, I went out with someone in my buiding. We were just going to "get a drink", He's really nice, we went to the World Cuisine place on Lincoln Rd.- they had half price martinis. Then we went to sushi samba for food and of course more drinks. Then we decide we need espresso and go to starbucks and then Pauls for a chocolate treat..

Then off to some lounge that was empty, and thank god took a break from the drinking. Then we wind up at the delano for my fav drink-the delano mango..which at that point I only had 2 sips because my body was saying no more booze!!

Anyway, he was chatting up some girls at the bar, and even though I didn't really like him that way, I guess it kind of annoyed me. I was sitting on the comfy cushions near the pool and decided to just leave, and threw my drink on the ground-hope no one saw that. Come home to my apartment, ditch the flip flops for heels, and head off to some club on 41st.It was pretty happening..Ok, so get this- I've been there for 5 min and some guy is like, hey my friend and I are leaving so you're welcome to have our table. They ordered bottle service so now I'm drinking champagne with strawberries and I havea giant bottle of vodka and the mixers! I made some friends and I think I'll leave it at that.

< Edit - redacted by the author>

Hey Lacye,

Although I feel like shit at the moment, maybe I'll feel better later on. I need to call my phone and try to find it. But if you want to maybe take a walk on the boardwalk I could be down with that..

And you were worried that you'd make no friends...! :lol:

Start as you mean to go on I say.

Sungal...haha funny I had the same night as you last night! Except I was in the Grove. Haha- No problem just let me know when your feeling up to doing something...otherwise I will see you tomorrow night with everyone else!

JAM at MAM tonight! Plenty of drinking there!

Sounds like a pretty typical night in Miami Beach, actually. One word of caution, do not burn yourself out. I know quite a few people who have. Everybody thinks it won't happen to them, but then it does. We moved here for the nightlife, as well, but found so much more. Enjoy it all.

Oh dam, JAM at MAM was tonight? I'm missing it, stuck here on campus, writing another stupid paper for my stupid teachers (hate grad school).

Sungal, sounds like you had an excellent intro to SoBe. btw, meetup.com also has a yoga group that meets at Flamingo or Lummus.

Just got back. JAM was funny tonight. Great big crowd. The Caphirina line was insane. Live music. Caporaria performers (I know I mispelled that word, but I'm still tipsy). But, there was almost no art. They had the whole upstairs blocked off, as well as the side room. Only the one main room was open with their regular display there. So, lots of people, lots of party, not much art. But good times! And we handed out a bunch of flyers for the art fair.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Quote Originally Posted by sungal
    Last night I was planning to go to yoga in flamingo park. But instead, I went out with someone in my building.... We were just going to "get a drink",
    [...]
    Just sitting in my apt now- I always feel like shit the day after I drink too much. No more booze for at least a week. I did have a fun, "welcome to south beach" night. It was really cool, but next week I'm going to yoga.
    Sungal, swimming in the ocean and baking in the sun do wonders for a hangover. Even if it's cold, go in the water, and try to flush your sinuses with as much salt water as possible.

Be careful meeting strangers.

People can be pretty ruthless, down here.

Santana

Welcome to SoBe Sungal!!

Glad to hear you had a great welcome from your landlord! Sound like you made plenty of friends at the club, and don't worry I would have been annoyed if I went out with someone as friends and they ditch me to flirt with some girls. I would have left too. Well enjoy SoBe because there is so much more to see!!!

See you tonight along with everyone else. :)

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast