Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Default Sungal is finally here. I love it!

Well all the uncertainty, packing, traveling is finally behind me. I arrived last night totally exhausted. My new landlord is awesome. He picked me up at the airport and showed me around the apartment. It's totally gorgeous and better than I remembered. Perfect!! He got me so many little "extras" like a martini shaker, aerobed for guests, coffee maker and coffee, beautiful plants, champagne, the list goes on.. I think he's one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Anyway I went to pasha's last night (it was on the healthy dining list), very delicious. Got some things at cvs/walgreens, and took the sobe local to publix for a cool quarter. I also managed to squeeze in some beach time but it was chilly and windy by the time I got there. And the next 2 days are only 70...grrr

After the beach I went to starbucks and just noticed all the people. It's such a great mix. I was at first kind of iffy about the fact that I would be a minority here. But it's so cool to hear all the different languages and check out all the people. I thought it was diverse near me. Maybe one out 10 people were something other than white. But really I was surrounded by people who were really just carbon copies of each other-so boring.

It is kind of sad walking on lincoln rd alone, just because people are usually in groups. I'll venture out to a bar or something soon. Along lincoln rd, are there any sorts of places that have a bar/evening scene..maybe dinner dies down and it gets more happening? Maybe segafredo espresso? What to you guys think?

Anyway, I feel so happy and grateful that I live here. Can't wait to see everyone Friday!

Congtatulations! It must be nice to be over the hurdle of moving and finally be in your place...

Wow, it sounds like things are really coming together well for you! Welcome! Even though I'm a little north of there...hope I can make it down for Friday...

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Welcome, Sundal! It sounds like you've started an exciting adventure. We're looking forward to meeting you.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by sungal
    the list goes on.. I think he's one of the nicest people I've ever met.
    He wants you...

Quote Originally Posted by sungal
    It is kind of sad walking on lincoln rd alone, just because people are usually in groups. I'll venture out to a bar or something soon. Along lincoln rd, are there any sorts of places that have a bar/evening scene..maybe dinner dies down and it gets more happening? Maybe segafredo espresso? What to you guys think?
    Yes, yes, and double yes! I cannot recommend the Lincoln Rd Segafredo highly enough. Initially, the hostess seems snooty, but if you go a few times, she gets to know you and then you are on their "regulars" list. BEST place to hang out. I believe they also have free WiFi.

Also, on Tuesdays, there is Cosplay at Sushi Samba. It is karaoke. Lots of fun.

On Thursday, definitely come to JAM at MAM. It is downtown on the mainland. Park in the garage on NW 2nd Ave for $5. I think it is $10 to get in for non-members. Donation bar (just drop in a couple bucks per drink, ignore the sign), free hors d'eouvres, music, and the museum is open. Great place to meet new people!

Jam at Mam sounds great..they have that kind of thing in NY but you need to be a serious donor to go. I don't think I'd do karaoke alone..but yeah I think I'll check out Segafreso espresso for later tonight. Although it might be to cold to sit outside. I'm working with a limited amount of clothing bc I had to ship some of it. Well thanks for all the info!

Sungal, woo hoo! Welcome, welcome, welcome! You're going to love it here. And what a welcome from your landlord! were you able to resolve all the condo board issues?

I love the energy on Lincoln Road, even if I'm alone. It's just so entertaining to people-gawk.

I look forward to Friday ... take care and congratulations in the meantime.

Thanks-yeah so fun to be here. I can't believe it's Feb and I'm wearing shorts! (And I'm not on vacation!) Everything worked out great with the apartment, thanks.

Layce, are you here yet?

Welcome! Sounds like you're off to a good start!

Welcome to Miami, Sungal.
    Get yourself a map and a car, and set out to explore Miami

Go to the Miami-Dade article in wikipedia, lot of the information there is accurate (believe it or not)

I love it when the novelty hasn't worn off yet. You sound like me circa 1998.

I think you should start a blog about your move here and we can see how it progresses. I think I might enjoy that.

And yeah, your landlord is definitely DTF. Again, please keep us posted about him on the blog as well.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Just a reminder, we're getting together this Friday for Sungals' meetup. Learn more.

Hope you all can make it.

Everyone's invited.

And bring your friends.

I second Matt,

Start a blog, it would be cool. I wish I had done that when I first moved....

Matt what's DTF? I'm not up to speed on anything other than lol! :lol:

Ha ha, I didn't want to be the one to ask! I figured it must be something all the kids are sayin'!

My guess is "dying to fck", and trust me that is not the case. Anyway, I have no idea how to start a blog. It looks like the weather is finally hot enough for the beach!

Haha, I am one of the kids, or so I thought!
    I figured it's a US thing and all my slang is English. If I talked how I do back home, no one would understand me here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Haha, I am one of the kids, or so I thought!
    I figured it's a US thing and all my slang is English. If I talked how I do back home, no one would understand me here!
    I'm up on me cockney rhyming slang, china!

China?! I'm more like "you're having a bubble" or "get off the dog"!
    Or my fav which is still used everyday "I haven't got a scooby". Which prob sounds like complete nonsense, however seeing as I don't know DTF, I need to learn some Miami language (other than Spanish.)

Oh yeah, what's china then?! :-)

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast