Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by courters
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina
    Quote Originally Posted by courters

I lived on St Thomas and I have to agree with you- If I survived there I think I would be good to go anywhere else :) I worked in a salon that was part of a resort. I did a lot of wedding hair and make up, but also a lot of the people that lived on island came to our salon.
    we drive alot faster here... lol. I was in St. Thomas for my friend's wedding, and the girl that did our hair was saying that was something that was difficult to readjust to when she went back to visit family in the states. The USVI are amazingly beautiful but there's no way I could live there between the island way of life and the roads.
    ya it's pretty different. people will stop in the middle of the road to talk to someone, you can be drinking a beer as you are driving, millions of pot holes, people honk to say Go! Thank you! and Eff you! :) i do miss it though :)
    it was good times :)

were you in stt recently?
    I was there in November. Unfortunately I didn't get any time to go to the beach this last time (I have been twice before, once for a cruise and once to scope out the wedding spots.) After being lost for about 3 hours I think I know the entire island, because I was definitely on every road... lol

Well, it looks as though the my title should be changed to Female From California Looking For a Roommate

Like Biggie says: I'm going going, back back, to Cali Cali...

Im not too thrilled about this, but it is what needs to be done. I will be moving back home so I can save some money in order to move to SOBE by december. I'm excited to move back and see my friends and family for a bit, but really upset to leave my people here in Oregon :(

Basically my hours have been cut drastically, barely making enough to pay rent, let alone save money. So in order to meet my goal of SOBE by the end of the year, I will be moving back home to save money and live rent free (thanks mom!)

I knew eventually I would be leaving Oregon, but wasn't expecting it to be now, and it's upsetting. But things happen for a reason so I'm trying to stay positive :)

Preferred Member

courters, that is good news, you sound a little down, you will be able to save a ton of money, your hours have been cut, thats a sign hehe time to get a new job!!! Hopefully everything will work out and you will be in sobe ths winter!!

Courters, it's crazy how jobs will just cut your hours and/or lay you off that quickly right? Same thing happened to me so now I'm struggling a bit myself!

Since you mtnioned your mom is a cool lady, maybe it'd good that you move back with her for a bit before moving down to MIA. I read the entire thread, trying to find where you explain why you chose Oregon. I saw you mentioned the city... but why Oregon?! So random if I might add.

I posted for a roommate on roommates.com and the person ended up being the devil incarnate! It was terrible... I won't even get in to it. The Police finally got rid of that mess for me! Then I decided to trust my school and search for a roommate through their off campus living site (Florida International University). I ended up with a roommate named Shanequa which seemed really cool until I found out she was a major felon and had her boyfriend living in our place that had just been arrested for soliciting litle girls for prostitution!

I suggest honestly meeting with the people first a few times and maybe even consider checking their background. Background checks are free and public... People make mistakes in their past, I do say so myself, but you don't want to be living with someone on parole for something CRAZY! Also, finding tiny places on your own can sometimes cost the same as sharing a place with a total stranger... so if that's an option I say go for it!

Kristine + roommates = not meant to be!!

thanks jasmin and kristine for your reply...
    but holy crap kristine now im a little freaked out lol... i cant really afford to visit first, find a place, go back home then move back. i found cool roommates here in Oregon on craigslist, was hoping the same would happen in SOBE... and ya why i moved to Oregon was cuz I moved from the Virgin Islands to back to Cali... wanted to leave, knew someone here so I came here cuz I couldnt afford SOBE at that time....

hey i am looking for a roomate also you should make a facebook page or a myspace so i can add you!

LOL im not really into the whole myspace/facebook thing... this forum is about it :)

when are you miami bound?

oh! well hopefully i will be in MIA by the end of this year i hate it here in atlanta ugh..but if i find a roomate i can move sooner, plus i will have someone to help me pay the rent!lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123