Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Female from Oregon looking for a roomate

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have been lurking for a while and feel like I know some of you already LOL i just spent about 3 hours reading sungal's 29 pages of her journey :) very interesting and entertaining. she's a funny girl :coolsmile:

Right now I am living in Oregon (originally frfom SoCal) and really want to live in South Beach. I lived in the Virgin Islands for a few years, moved to Oregon last year, and decided I really miss the beach and being tan :cheese: I'm working on saving money right now and am hoping to move by November- we'll see.

I am a 24 year old female and would be moving by myself. Since I am moving by myself I really would like to find a roommate on craigslist, which is what I did here in Oregon and it worked out well. I am a waitress so I would want to find a serving job, and am also a hair stylist so I would want to get the proper licensing here in Florida too. On another note, I moved to the Virgin islands with one friend, and to Oregon by myself so I think I will be ok on the whole lonely thing until I make friends.

I have read so much on this board and you all have so much information its been really helpful. That's great that you do meet ups as well. I would like to join one when I do arrive :cheese:

Thanks for reading my long post and dealing with the 100 smileys i used :-)

Hi Courters,

Have you been down here before?

I have not been down there before but not really worried that I won't like it. I have plenty of friends that I knew in the Virgin Islands that said I would love it. I've done tons of research and it seems great. I tend to not visit the places I move to first LOL

How long were you in the Virgin Islands? And why did you leave?

I almost took a two year contract in Grand Cayman. I decided to play it safe and visit before accepting. Afterwards, I weighed the positives (a lot of hot med school and financial services chicks, not to mention the whole living where people go on vacation thing) against the negatives (the police closed all the bars at 10:00 on Saturday night and the whole island is shut down on Sunday). I decided to stick with NYC. For now.

I left because i felt it was getting pretty dangerous. I started to not feel safe...

Wow how do you end up in Oregon, this is the first time I've ever taken notice of that place in my life. I mean seriously Oregon?!

Quote Originally Posted by courters
    I have not been down there before but not really worried that I won't like it. I have plenty of friends that I knew in the Virgin Islands that said I would love it. I've done tons of research and it seems great. I tend to not visit the places I move to first LOL
    Hey Courters! Welcome! I had been living in Sobe for a while when I found many of my closest friends on this here website... :)

Quote Originally Posted by rihanJ
    Wow how do you end up in Oregon, this is the first time I've ever taken notice of that place in my life. I mean seriously Oregon?!

oregon is pretty cool, i like it a lot actually. i thought i wanted a change and thought city life would be fun, but im done with it :) i just really miss the beach life style.

thanks for all the welcomes everyone!

Oh I know what you mean ,when im in the country I like making fires, fishing, all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rihanJ

oregon is pretty cool, i like it a lot actually. i thought i wanted a change and thought city life would be fun, but im done with it :) i just really miss the beach life style.

thanks for all the welcomes everyone!
    There really is nothing quite like SoFla. I'm a lifer!

I'm going to SoAfrica when im 18

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi, courters, welcome to Miami Beach 411. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Are you on Facebook?.. I've met a few people who've found roommates and places to live from that site.

Craigslist is also good, but you got to watch out for scams.

November is a good month to move here. That's when most of the hotels and restaurants add staff for the tourist season.

Where did you live in SoCal?

I'm from San Diego.

I'm from LA, if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus

Are you on Facebook?.. I've met a few people who've found roommates and places to live from that site.

November is a good month to move here. That's when most of the hotels and restaurants add staff for the tourist season.

I'm from San Diego.

i'm probably the only person in the world that isn't on facebook or myspace...
    and i grew up in southern orange county :)

ps how did the title of my thread change

Post a picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Gus

I'm from San Diego.

i'm probably the only person in the world that isn't on facebook or myspace...
    and i grew up in southern orange county :)

ps how did the title of my thread change
    Gus does that sometimes with the titles.

You are not the only person in the world not on FB or Myspace, I can't be bothered with it! Someone actually asked me in disbelief when they heard I didn't have a FB name "well how do you socially network??" I told him...like this, conversation!

You are not the only person in the world not on FB or Myspace, I can't be bothered with it! Someone actually asked me in disbelief when they heard I didn't have a FB name "well how do you socially network??" I told him...like this, conversation![/quote]

well i'm in front of my computer so much I definitely have the time to do it, its just not my thing lol but these forums seem pretty cool. i've never really talked to strangers in online forums before. pretty cool :coolsmile:

May I ask how come you joined back in 2008? Did you have a 'coming to Miami' question? That's how I first found this website.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    May I ask how come you joined back in 2008? Did you have a 'coming to Miami' question? That's how I first found this website.
    i never posted but yeah i was wanting to move to south beach at that time, but moved up here to oregon instead. just couldnt afford sobe at that time. but now i am getting serious about planning my move. hopefully november

Preferred Member

You are not the only person in the world not on FB or Myspace, I can't be bothered with it! Someone actually asked me in disbelief when they heard I didn't have a FB name "well how do you socially network??" I told him...like this, conversation!

well i'm in front of my computer so much I definitely have the time to do it, its just not my thing lol but these forums seem pretty cool. i've never really talked to strangers in online forums before. pretty cool :coolsmile:[/quote]i am the same way i am neither on facebook or myspace somehow i don't feel like putting energy into it, i understand there is a lot of networking going on but more than anything i see a lot of "who is who's friend" or "who knows the most hot chicks" or "who is in who's top 10 friends" something like that....i have no desire and people keep telling me i should join it's alota fun...i am on the german version and also the african one since i am half german and half african and seems like those are just conversations amongst people that actually know each other.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast