Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Renting with a big dog?

Moving to Miami Beach this summer and looking to rent with a big (70 lb) dog. Seeing lots of rentals for small dogs, any suggestions?

Hi there. Are you looking at apartment/condos, or houses? You'll probably be able to do it if you rent a house, but doubtful with a condo. We had this discussion here not that long ago. Let me see if I can pull up the thread....

Hey and Welcome -

Wow can I identify - I moved to SoBe w/ a german shepherd and a min pin and it was difficult... All the big buildings are out - my building was 1005 8th st and they allowed her - who knows, maybe they have something available now..... Look on craigslist, some smaller buildings will allow, but it depends on the owner - it takes a bit of work, but it can be done...Also, you can call a real estate agent - their commission gets paid by the owner, so it's a free service to you. At the very least, it will help you get some ideas, and remember you are under no obligation to any realtor just b/c they spent time w/ you. My friend Richard Grochan at EWM on 41st st goes really far out of his way for people - I used to work w/ him when I was in the business, and he spent more time and effort on a tiny commission rental than I ever would have.. Hope this helps :)