Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Metro Rail Question

Hi everyone,

I will be moving to Miami sometime this summer, more than likely living in The Grove, Coral Gables, or South Miami. I will have to go to Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus a couple days a week, and really would prefer not to drive (probably have to be there during rush hours, and parking is a pain). I see that there is a Metro stop somewhat close to the Campus, does anyone have any experience taking the Metro there from The Grove/CG/S.Miami? Is the walk from the Metro stop to the campus (by my account on a map about 3-4 large blocks) safe and easy, or a lot bigger than it looks on a map? Thanks all that have read this and or can help, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by rewind
    Hi everyone,

I will be moving to Miami sometime this summer, more than likely living in The Grove, Coral Gables, or South Miami. I will have to go to Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus a couple days a week, and really would prefer not to drive (probably have to be there during rush hours, and parking is a pain). I see that there is a Metro stop somewhat close to the Campus, does anyone have any experience taking the Metro there from The Grove/CG/S.Miami? Is the walk from the Metro stop to the campus (by my account on a map about 3-4 large blocks) safe and easy, or a lot bigger than it looks on a map? Thanks all that have read this and or can help, cheers!

The campus is only a few blocks away from the Gov. Center station and there is even a Metromover station that is closer.

The Metromover is free and connects to the Brickell and Gov. Center stations.

As far as safety goes, you will see a lot of homeless people but nothing you should fear.

Hi everyone,

The campus is only a few blocks away from the Gov. Center station and there is even a Metromover station that is closer.

The Metromover is free and connects to the Brickell and Gov. Center stations.

As far as safety goes, you will see a lot of
    Thanks Carlos,

I feel a little embarrassed asking if I should be scared. I am used to homeless (unfortunately this sounds bad, being "used" to homeless is a problem unto itself). I have spent time in Miami and just couldn't remember downtown too well, as far as petty crime. That sounds great that I wont have to use my car for transportation to MDC, thanks for all the help

South Miami has the most convenient Metro Stop to take up to that campus. The one in the Gables is right next to UM, which is far from a lot of the residential areas. The "Coconut Grove" stop is a long way from the actual "Grove" through some rathey sketchy areas.

The Metrorail itself I have found to be extremely safe and ridable. I rarely see any oddballs on board, or any people for that matter, but I encourage people to use it as much as possible. Provided you are going one of the 5 places the Metrorail goes, it is a great system.