Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Long term visitor parking pass for girlfriend?

hey, im living in the beach and i was wondering if there is a way to get a long term visitor parking pass for my girlfriend to park in zone 2. I know you can get the daily scratch ones, but i need one that lasts longer. Thanks!

Hi there! Welcome to Miami Beach 411!

Going to the Parking office is a nightmare. First I got lost and walked in a giant circle, through a golf course in uncomfortable shoes...and then I finally arrived at the right place, right near the library and the ballet. The wait was more than one hour, so I left. I was supposed to get the scratch off passes for my neighbor...

Here's the site I should've visited prior to going.

http://web.miamibeachfl.gov/parking/....aspx?id=31006

Take note of this:

For monthly permits availability, please call 305-673-PARK.

Good luck, you may as well get a library card prior, since you'll need something to read while you wait! The library here is great.

Preferred Member

Sorry to report this, but they eliminated the visitor permit program about 6 months ago. They used to issue hang tags that were good for 6 months to a year, but too many people were abusing the privilege so now they just issue scratch offs.

It's not that hard to get a resident pass, though. Here is all you need:

4. What are the required documents to purchase a residential parking permit?

1. Valid photo ID, driver's license
    Issued by local, state or federal agency.

2. Valid vehicle registration (not required for visitor's permit) belonging to the person
    requesting the resident. If the registration is under a different name, resident must provide proof of Insurance.

3. One (1) of the following monthly bill/statement with the resident's name and address that has been mailed to you within last 30 days.

- Utility bill (FPL, phone, gas, cable)
    - Cell phone bill
    - Bank statement
    - Credit card statement
    - Vehicle insurance bill
    - Mortgage statement
    - Property tax statement (last one received at the end of year)

Internet/Electronic bills are not acceptable proof of domicile.

The good news is you can get up to 3 months in one go, ie 30 day passes. Try and go on a Friday, it's really quiet then.

It's also not necessary to have a Florida license -- many places require an in-state license for a residential parking permit, but not Miami Beach!

Hi Jdbetancur, welcome! I recently entered a Ford campaign where I have a car for six months. I broke my leg so I recruited a friend to help me on this project. I live in South Miami and my team member lives on the beach (closer to 23rd street) and the only option he had, even as a resident, is to do the scratch-off permits. Basically, it's his second car, and even though he lives there, he can't get a second residential permit ... which leads me to think, that unless your girlfriend put her name on some of your bills, she would never be able to get anything other than the scratch-offs. You can see of course how this is set up to prevent abuse of the system.

Living in South Beach and having a relationship with someone who doesn't live in South Beach can be challenging because parking is such a pain in the *ss. I'm wondering, a propos of this thread, how other people have managed.

Or ... dating someone who lives in one of those valet-only buildings, with no decent municipal parking nearby. That was the case with me and my ex-boyfriend, who used to live in Millionaire's Row. It's costly.

Preferred Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    your girlfriend put her name on some of your bills, she would never be able to get anything other than the scratch-offs.
    this is true and is your best bet for solving the issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    Living in South Beach and having a relationship with someone who doesn't live in South Beach can be challenging because parking is such a pain in the *ss. I'm wondering, a propos of this thread, how other people have managed.
    I've had two serious relationships since living in sobe, and both guys changed the address on one of their bills so they could get a resident pass. It's really not that tough to get the residential pass, since your registration and insurance don't have to have a sobe address ;)

Maria, it was great to meet you on Saturday! Thank you for the donations :)

Like wise, Talmage! Thanks for your input here, too.