Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New User

Maria, do you know how long you must live in Flordia to be considered a instate and not out of state. Do the local community colleges have a campus and use some local High schools for classes or just have campus? this could affect areas of choice also.

Hello and welcome!

Like Mario said, Miami Springs is a good option. Also, if you're working west side in cargo, you're close to Doral, too. I'm personally not a fan of the area, but it's a decent area that pretty much meets your requirements. The worst thing of it is its traffic.

To answer your question about colleges and in-state, I know that in FIU, they ask for documentation that was issued at least a year prior to the date of application.

Hi NavyHawk,

Miami Dade College has several campuses around town, but the two main ones are in Kendall and Downtown. They do not, to the best of my knowledge, use high schools.

The Downtown campus is easily accessible by metrorail, so if you live close to any of the train stations, that's a good thing. If your daughter is into the arts, there is an art school there called New World, which is affiliated with Florida International University.

I just had an online chat with someone from MDC - here is what they said:
    In order to qualify as a FL resident for tuition purposes you need to have lived in the state for at least the 12 months prior to the first day of the term you are applying for. Currently the FL resident tuition rate is $78.24 per credit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12