Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Need help to find a sponsor and job

Hi!I'm new here and my name is Erik.

I'm Italian and i'm 22 years old.

I ask already sorry about my English because isn't that good.

I'm looking to come in Miami on November but at first i need help to find a job that can also be a sponsor for visa and travel.

I did a business tourism school and i always worked in 4 and 5 stars hotel as commis de rang and Chef de rang (waiter).

I'm an Animator too and right now I'm working in Egypt as chief entertainment, i can speak of course Italian as my mother language, English, German and i understand quite good French and something of Spanish.

Hope can get some Help!!!

Thank you!!

Erik.

Do you need to find a job before you arrive?

I would think it's easier to find one after you arrive.

But this site would be a great reference to help you prepare your search before you get here.

There are loads of Italian restaurants here that love hiring real Italians as waiters.

New User

Hi Carlos!thank you for answer.
    Yes i'm searching before to come,becouse it's better for documents and for me to have some ideas about it.
    Do you know some of those restaurants???

Hi Eric!
    As far as Italian restaurants go, they are everywhere. Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive have tons of them if you want to look any up.

New User

Thank you jess!
    But have you any suggestion about it???some names of them??
    Also i would like to know wich area of miami is better for young people and work....

names:

Escopazzo, Macaluso's, Casa D'Angelo, Casa Tua, Hosteria Romana( this last one seems to have all Italy-born Italians working there)

Hi Erik, if you are looking to work in an Italian restaurant and will not have a car, the ideal place for you to live will be South Beach.

There is another restaurant on Lincoln Road called La Lupa di Roma.

Here is a list of Italian restaurants. I believe most of them are on South Beach.

Also, with all that experience in tourism school, you might want to apply at some of the more upscale hotels. I'm not sure, however, if a hotel or restaurant will sponsor someone like a job in an office would. The turnover rate is high.

New User

Thank you very much maria!
    I'll check the list and i'll send corriculums too.
    Hope to get there on november!!!

Does Costa Cruise Lines have Miami offices? They are an Italian company and your experience would probably be beneficial

Hi Erik and welcome!

If you're looking to come under a work visa (like H1B or L), where the company sponsors you and does the paperwork, you should know that those kinds of visas are given to people who can provide a skill that can't be found here or is in high demand/short supply. So, the more specialized you are, the greater your chances of finding a company to sponsor you. Worker visas are not granted for positions like waiters, hostesses, concierge, cooks, etc., and I'm pretty sure that companies are not willing to go through that expense unless it's for someone who has the very skills they need to complete the job.

I don't want to discourage you, just give you a clearer understanding of how the process works.

I posted something on hotel Visas a while back bc A LOT of people were asking me since I worked in a hotel. Yes, most of the post is about how I don't know how to do it, but some of it actually have useful information.

Hope it helps a little! http://forums.miamibeach411.com/inde...ewthread/3970/

Scarpetta in the Fountainblu has tons of Italians working there, as does the Pelican. I bet you'd make great tips in Casa Tua.

This article gives you the inside scoop on Miami's service industry.

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/in...n-restaurants/

It's great that you have experience in animation if waiting tables does not work out..

Hi Erik, Sungal, Jess and I recently went to the Fratelli La Bufala in South Beach, which I understand has franchises all over Italy. Since it's an Italian-owned company, maybe it would be easier to get them to sponsor you here?

Hi Erik, you mean animator as in entertainment performer, right? In U.S. English the word "animator" generally means someone who makes cartoon films.

What kind of performing do you do? There is a network of people in Miami that do this kind of thing at private parties and events all over the city -- but you would probably need a car for this kind of work.

New User

Hi Maria!
    I mean Entertainment performer in the hotel.We are doing sports activity,dances and games.Then in the evening we are doing playback musicals and cabaret.