Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default I am movin to Miami

Hi everybody,

I have been reading over this discussion board endlessly and must say I have learned a great deal and I thank you. I have some questions of my own that I hope can be answered. First of all, my girlfriend and I are making the move to miami and I could not be more excited.

My first question is... what kind of commute can be expected from sunny isles to barry U and what would be the best route?

Thanks for any help!

That's actually not TOO horrible a commute, although MW 163rd street can get quite disgusting if you try and take it West during rush hour.

Basically, you take 163rd until it turns into the Palmetto Expressway, take the Palmetto West and get off at the NW 58th St. exit. Shouldn't take more than half an hour unless, like I said, you go during rush hour. try and schedule yourself so you don't have to do that, or you could be looking at 45 minutes to an hour, depending on where in S.I. you live.

Thanks for the reply. My girl will be attending grad school at barry and sunny isles seems to have some good prices on apartments. My commute may get interesting but I am worried about her. I can deal with driving and madness. Do you know anything about a Bluegass beach club? Clean? good neighborhood? looks like a hotel but got decent prices. Tryin to keep rent cheap.

You can have cheap rent and a better commute than Sunny Isles. Like Doral is ok. Even Westchester or Sweetwater or Flagami are not bad areas. Not beachy, by any means. But not dull. And they are pretty affordable.

I don't know anything about that beach club place, though.