Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Thread: Need a job

New User

Default Need a job

Hello everyone, I am new to the area (as of last Friday) and new to online forums.

I relocated here with my boyfriend and am now looking for work. Anyone have any connections in Nonprofits?? I am Accountant and would love to do work with a nonprofit in the area. Please let me know, thank you all!!

Hey Sarah! Welcome to our forums and most importantly... welcome to Miami!

Where in Miami are you and the bf living right now? I'm sure Christina, one of our forum contributors, will see this and be the best person for the nonprofit job question. She helps out a lot in that field.... actually come to think of it, a lot of our members do!! (Rebecca, Maria, Brad, Coach)

I bet you'll have like 25 great answers within the next few hours. :)

New User

Right now we are by the Miami Airport, but we are looking for another place in Miami Beach to move into next month. :-)

Oh ok! There's a lot of great places for great prices. I was actually reading the Miami New Times paper the other day while chomping away on some sushi at a place by my house and saw all these crazy cheap, amazing rentals ALL OVER MIAMI! You'll find a place in no time!!

ps- If you're free and wanna come hang with a bunch of us on June 11th, check out this thread: http://forums.miamibeach411.com/inde...iewthread/4750

Hey Sarah! Welcome!

Non-profit land in Miami is getting a little scary right now, two of the biggest funders - The United Way and the Children's Trust are cutting back big time on donations, so organizations benefitting from them can expect to have some hiring freezes. That being said, there are still organizations doing ok. Do you have a specific size of non-profit you would like to work for, or one type in general you are interested in working with?

I know alot of organizations post through Craigslist, and I get most of my job searches through the South Florida Public Relations Network, but that's a totally different industry. Let me ask around and see if anyone knows of another organization that's looking.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Christina
    Hey Sarah! Welcome!

Non-profit land in Miami is getting a little scary right now, two of the biggest funders - The United Way and the Children's Trust are cutting back big time on donations, so organizations benefitting from them can expect to have some hiring freezes. That being said, there are still organizations doing ok. Do you have a specific size of non-profit you would like to work for, or one type in general you are interested in working with?

I know alot of organizations post through Craigslist, and I get most of my job searches through the South Florida Public Relations Network, but that's a totally different industry. Let me ask around and see if anyone knows of another organization that's looking.
    Thank you! I don't have a preference on size or type, I was doing bookkeeping at my last job for nonprofits from 50k - 7Mill++ and varying causes. And I don't need to make a ton of money, although some would be very nice :-)
    I have been looking on Craigslist, bit I will keep looking. Let me know if you think of anything else and Thanks again.

Do you check Idealist.org? sometimes they have postings too.

I keep getting resumes from people who comb through PRSA emailing everyone. If you have time, you could always comb through the people listed on the Hands on Miami website and see if any of them are hiring.

Preferred Member

Check out your local career center. In Miami Beach, it's located at 833 6th St. There are several in the area. More info here:

www.southfloridaworkforce.com

SFW is a county agency that utilizes local non-profits as providers, so they are well connected to many agencies. As a Dept of Labor subdivision, they are well connected with job openings as well.