Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default 34th Street and Collins Avenue?

Hi everybody, I recently moved my search from north beach to low mid or south beach. Plenty of apartments available around 34th Collins. Seems fishy to me. Any reason for so many apartments in this area? Vary curious.

Also, if anybody is living anywhere in these areas...are there any studios available around you? I will be in town Tuesday morning and looking to view and move in by wednesday or thursday. I hear referrals are a man's best friend! Start work august 3rd.

Thank you!!

Hi steel,

That's interesting. There are two hotels on 34th street. There is a condo building though behind one of the hotels and maybe they are reposting a lot of units.

There could also be a condo/resort/hotel type property around there also posting many listings.

Where are you finding these units?

The beach is really nice around there, by the way. Behind the Palms Hotel is a tiny, little crescent shaped beach that's very pleasant for swimming.

I found one through craiglist, spoke with the realtor and the others from miaminewtimes classifieds. All are studios, look clean. Seems like a nice clean area. Just thought it was interesting so many are available. Found another two around 32nd.

I looked at a junior 1 bedroom in that area once. It was nice, but the building was kind of decrepit -- rickety elevator and so on. The best advice I can give you is look, look, look -- you have to see it with your own eyes. Also, I don't recommend living on a floor just above Collins Avenue. It's pretty loud.

There are a few little markets around there and in general it is largely residential with some upscale hotels and otherwise laid-back. I like that area.

See if you can score a studio with a view toward the bay and the island. It's pretty amazing.

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly do so. My whole day tuesday is apartments. Should be fun!