Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Finnegan's?! I used to work there. When I did, there was always a huge line and the place was always packed (not because of me), but I would never have called it "trendy."

But it is a cool spot to go out if you are in the Brickell area.

Luluu have you joined the library? It is great and you can order in any book you want. I too miss a Barnes and Noble, but the library looks after me just fine. (Books and Books will order in also for you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Luluu have you joined the library? It is great and you can order in any book you want. I too miss a Barnes and Noble, but the library looks after me just fine. (Books and Books will order in also for you.)
    The library is nice, but it does not beat a Barnes and Noble where you can sip on coffee while previewing your purchases. I will not be down until November. Where is the library on Sobe?

22nd and Collins, in Collins Park. And they did have a coffee shop... it's closed right now for renovation but the museum opposite is opening a coffee shop too I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    22nd and Collins, in Collins Park. And they did have a coffee shop... it's closed right now for renovation but the museum opposite is opening a coffee shop too I believe.
    There is a coffee shop IN the library? That is crazy! Across the street is nice, but does not help with the previewing before you check books out. :) Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by scylla&charybdis;
    Thanks for the lead Maria. A little browse turned upBrickell Irish Pub. Looks like a winner. I'm already sharpening my darts.
    Matt -- no, not Finnegans. There's a new place called Brickell Irish Pub. On that Friday, it was like a young professionals/UM kind of crowd there. Think upscale frat party mixed in with a little SoBe club. It probably feels like a regular pub (they also serve food) when it's not so crowded.

I went to Finnegans last night and it was great. I mean it was pretty dead, but how awesome to pretty much have your own private patio by the river, especially when the weather is nice? They were playing classic 80s rock, which was even better.We were celebrating a friend's birthday.

I hear, however, it gets ridiculously crowded on weekends. When I went on a Friday they had a $10 cover and were playing loud reggaeton. Yuck. I think I'll stick to the mellower weekdays.

Oh by the way, everybody, Finnegan's doesn't serve Irish pub food ... they actually have a whole page with sushi selections!

Hey Scylla! If you go, please report back. I too want to check it out one of these days, preferably during the week.

Sungal, yes, it's Brickell.

Luluu, thanks for stopping by and contributing your input. I used to live on West Avenue full-time and I loved it. I lived on Lincoln Road, which was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    Luluu, thanks for stopping by and contributing your input. I used to live on West Avenue full-time and I loved it. I lived on Lincoln Road, which was great.
    Hi Maria! I have read a lot of your posts, and I think we have a lot in common. I was an English major, and almost became a writer. Would love to meet you (as well as everyone else on here) at a MB411 meetup. I have a couple of friends in Miami, but do not know a lot of people. Definitely open to meeting new people. This board has been tremendous resource.

That's great, Luluu! It's great to meet another writer.

PM me when you come down and we'll arrange something like we have in the past, perhaps a casual get together at Monty's? I can also let you know about other social networking meetups where you can make more new friends in the Miami area.

Maria, I did not actually become a writer, just considered it while doing a lot of writing activities in college. Just sent you a PM. Thanks!

Maria, I don't think I can escape to SFL till mid October. I'll certainly try a pint and report back when I do or can can do a meet up.

Scylla, actually a meetup is being planned as we speak for mid-October. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the lead Maria. A little browse turned upBrickell Irish Pub. Looks like a winner. I'm already sharpening my darts.
    Matt -- no, not Finnegans. There's a new place called Brickell Irish Pub. On that Friday, it was like a young professionals/UM kind of crowd there. Think upscale frat party mixed in with a little SoBe club. It probably feels like a regular pub (they also serve food) when it's not so crowded.

I went to Finnegans last night and it was great. I mean it was pretty dead, but how awesome to pretty much have your own private patio by the river, especially when the weather is nice? They were playing classic 80s rock, which was even better.We were celebrating a friend's birthday.

I hear, however, it gets ridiculously crowded on weekends. When I went on a Friday they had a $10 cover and were playing loud reggaeton. Yuck. I think I'll stick to the mellower weekdays.

Oh by the way, everybody, Finnegan's doesn't serve Irish pub food ... they actually have a whole page with sushi selections!

Hey Scylla! If you go, please report back. I too want to check it out one of these days, preferably during the week.

A bar called Finnegan's that charges ten dollars to get in and plays reggaton and serves sushi?

The IRA should bomb that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller

A bar called Finnegan's that charges ten dollars to get in and plays reggaton and serves sushi?

I'm most certain, not a soul there can recite the lyrics to Finnegan's wake which in my opinion is at least the one pub song you should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller

I'm most certain, not a soul there can recite the lyrics to Finnegan's wake which in my opinion is at least the one pub song you should know.
    I lived in Dublin 18 months and don't know those lyrics.

But I can sing Dirty Old Town.

Scylla, much less read Finnegans Wake, I'm sure, though admittedly it is the most challenging book in all of literature.

Scylla, actually a meetup is being planned as we speak for mid-October. Stay tuned!
    Is this a tweet thing or a 411 thing?

Jess - 411.

ALthough I will promote it on Twitter as well.

Scylla, much less read Finnegans Wake, I'm sure, though admittedly it is the most challenging book in all of literature.
    Didn't realise it was a book. All I know it's about a guy who fell off a ladder and was presumed dead, till they started serving spirits at his wake and he joined in the festivities.

Mario, It's regular staple at any Temple Bar establishment or throughout the country.
    From what I gather, you had more than a pint or two at the Foggy Dew, my favorite watering hole in Dublin.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456