Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Living in Toronto but looking to buy a condo in Miami

My family is looking into buying a condo I'm Miami to escape to during the harsh Toronto winters. We've also entertained the idea of renting out the condo when were not staying there. The problem is that we have no idea how to go about doing something like this, or what the process would be like.

The other big issue is finding the perfect area for my family. I'm 20 and will want to be where all the party action is. My mom wants to be where the action is just as much as i do and enjoys partying, people watching, cafes, and little shops. My dad on the other hand does not like loud noise, and the beach will be his number one priority. I also have two 15 year old brothers. We all agree that we want to be in walking distance of the beach (since we would not have a car).

The price range would be around 100-150 but hardly would be ever all be there at the same time so even 3 rooms would be enough.
    I read other forms suggesting that west ave. might be a good place for my family. Any thoughts on that?

My first thought is South of Fifth. There are a bunch of condo towers there. A great mix of beach, calm, close to the action.

http://idx.kevintomlinson.com/kt/listing/search - Fire away!

Hey dreaming of miami, Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like you need a two bedroom, or one bed plus den. If you buy a condo in a hotel or certain complexes, they rent it out for you, and handle all that.

I think you're price range is a little low. My neighbor bought a 700 sq. ft. one bed in my building, with no ammenities, for $270K. It is one block to the beach. Look into the Shelbourne hotel--I've seen ads for inexpensive places there.

you're not going to find a 3 bedroom condo thats near anything for 100-150k. 3 bedrooms near the beach and all the clubs in sobe will run you more around 500k+ The cheapest 3bed i found on the mls is 245k and its only 1090 sqft so not that big. There are a few in the mid 300s but the rest are 500k+

rk

Quote Originally Posted by sungal
    Look into the Shelbourne hotel--I've seen ads for inexpensive places there.
    Yes, but those are more like hotel rooms with a small kitchenette, about 300 sq. ft. each.

May be further north? There may be some foreclosures and distressed sales mid- or north-beach, but in that price range I would want to check the building condition and finances very carefully.