Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can someone add me on MSN?

a1pinto@hotmail.com

a1pinto, I think you are the only one who will be able to decide if Miami Beach is the right place for you. The only way to really do that is to come for a visit and see how you like it, like Jess said. Keep in mind the life of someone who lives here is different from that of someone on vacation. You need to think about income and having a trustworthy landlord and, above all, a life plan. If you don't have something rewarding to work toward in life here, hanging out by the beach will get old after about two weeks. With all your language skills, I could see you having a lot of success in that area. Maybe think about how you could use that here. When you visit, you can ask around. While there aren't many Portuguese people in Miami Beach, there are a ton of Brazilians -- since they speak Portuguese also, you may learn a lot by hanging out with that crowd.

I think the simple fact that the city intrigues you so much, it's probably something you would enjoy. Just think bigger than the beach and the clubs and you'll do well!

Quote Originally Posted by a1pinto
    No!!!:(
    I am tired to look at Portuguese community! I cant find!!!

Can you help me on that?
    Never have met any Portuguese, but there is a sizable Brazilian community. (I know it's not the same but it's close)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    a1pinto, I think you are the only one who will be able to decide if Miami Beach is the right place for you. The only way to really do that is to come for a visit and see how you like it, like Jess said.
    My advice is actually passed down from Doug :) I followed it from his famous article and it was the best thing I could have done to help me plan my move.

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/in...s/moving-tips/

Thank you all for all support!!! Doug you are the best!!!LOL thanks for be like that! You are all very empathic!thanks again! I would like to stay in touch with you all cause i dont have any contacts in miami!!! i will need some tips before take some decisions!!! please feel free to add me at msn! thanks:)

André Pinto

New User

Andre, Your language skills are a tremendous plus. You should put your plan in motion and make it happen. :coolsmile:

Default Re: Portuguese Guy wants to move to Miami!

Hey guys!!! Just to tell July 22 i'm going to meet to the first time MIAMI!!! Thank you all for the support! If someone wants to take a mojito or somethig let me know!!!

Have fun on your vacation! Good luck checking out the city.

There are many Portuguese people living here but they are scattered about. It's not like they are gathered in one huge community.

But why would you want to leave Portugal just to hang out with Portuguese?

You will definitely fit in with your language skills, even if the Portuguese is mostly spoken by Brazilians.

And you appear to have the right attitude about living here.

So it all boils down to whether or not you can make a living out here.

If you're willing to do anything, of course you can.

Default Re: Portuguese Guy wants to move to Miami!

Thanks a lot! I think you are super correct Carlos! Thanks a lot! I've loved your work! Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12