Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Portuguese Guy wants to move to Miami!

Hi everyone!

I'm Glad to be part of miamibeach411!!! I will need some help and opinion about me decision of making live in Miami!

Thanks a lot and i hope someone can give me some tips cause i'm new at the forum!!!

Best Regards to all:P

André Pinto.

Welcome to 411 Andre!

What makes you want to move to Miami? Do you have a job lined up? And when do you plan on moving?

Miami is a great place to live, but it's always good to plan before you come :-)

a1pinto@hotmail.com

My name is André i'm 23 and i want to go to Miami...Someone want to give some tips?

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot Jess for the reply...!

Well i need to know if Miami is a good place to establish myself, or is a dream that i have to live in a great place with lots of sun, beaches, pretty people and parties...

As an person how loves to party and to LIVE THE LIFE!!!

:)

Well, it sounds like Miami Beach is probably what you are thinking about. Or to be more specific, South Beach :coolsmile:

Yes, Miami has great beaches, weather and nightlife. But the general advice the regulars on here (Who for the most part, live or have lived here) give is to come out here for a week and see if it is the place for you. South Beach is not a cheap place to live or party, so you will of course need a job, unless you have a big bank account! So spending a week here if possible to check out the area, see about job prospects and whether you like the city is a really good way to help plan your move.

Yes that's my idea...:) But compare to others cities of the USA do you think is a good place to work and live?

I'll let the others on here answer, as I have never lived anywhere but Miami :)

Do you like to live in Miami?

Welcome to the Forums!

What field are you in? While housing expenses are low in Miami, daily living is expensive in South Beach.

I want to know if who wants to work and have a good quality of life can try to do it in Miami...thanks for reply:)

Of course you can work and live in Miami and have a good quality of life. What industry are you in? What kind of work do you see yourself doing here? Miami isn't known for it's job market, and with the recession there are many people applying for the same job.

My friend i do what i need to do to live. LOL I am graduated in Informatics, Graphic Design.
    I know as an immigrant i will not do my job, i am prepared to work in all I need to live in Miami:)
    I speak English,French,Spanish,Portuguese of course...

Ok, great. Miami is an excellent city to live in. The only downside is the job market is tough. As far as the beaches, the people, and parties, of course all of that is wonderful. A lot of people do pick up and head to Miami to start a new life. Maybe I'm not sure what you're asking...

Wow, you'll fit right in here with all those language skills.

But...and I'm sorry to be voice of reason, as we can encourage people as much as possible to move here if their hearts desire... but have you considered which visa you will have to come to live in Miami?

I live in Portugal and I want to move to Miami...I just to plane all, and see it is a good project of life...that's all!

If i need work would american people accept me well?

Well, just be aware that if you land at Miami airport and say you are planning to stay to live and work without a visa, it might not be the best way to go about it...

Planning your move is a good idea. If you are serious about moving, where you want to live and what job you want to do is what you should look into first.

This city is not really American. Think of it as the capital of Latin America that happens to be located in the US. It has a Carribbean and International feel. I'm sure you could get by on speaking Spanish alone, and finding work as a Graphic Designer. Every day I hear so many other languages being spoken besides English. I think you'll get along fine. Do you know other Portugese people who have relocated here?

No!!!:(
    I am tired to look at Portuguese community! I cant find!!!

Can you help me on that?

Yeah, that's why I asked. I've met so many people here, and none are from Portugal. Maybe it's because Spanish is not their first language? Miami is very popular with Italians.

Is there another destination where young, Portugese people would rather move for a fun lifestyle? I've never been to Portugal, but maybe it's so nice that no one dreams of moving?

I don't think so. Cars, homes, food and salaries are not compatibles! to expensive!!!
    I love all american dream!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast