Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller
    The main thing that bothers me about this thread is the number of times I did buy dinner for a woman only for her not to sleep with me.

And I am not even into choking.

Maybe I should become a promoter or something.
    Carlos, either you and many of us are looking in the wrong places for women or Mr. Broke n' Choke had some mad skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario
    The main thing that bothers me about this thread is the number of times I did buy dinner for a woman only for her not to sleep with me.

Carlos, either you and many of us are looking in the wrong places for women or Mr. Broke n' Choke had some mad skills.
    Hahaha! Broke n' Choke!! That's awesome! LMFAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario

Well he did have a Mercedes. That counts for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazy4509
    I live in South Miami proper but I have met people who live in the FIU area.
    Hi Dazy, ok, first of all, I'm very sorry you had this experience. But for every moron out there, I can assure you there's also a quality guy who is not into that mentality. You definitely need to hang more in the 33143 and expand your social circle.

Stick close to Sunset Place, Coral Gables and UM. By the way, we're neighbors.

And yes, West Dade is that area out by FIU.

Just so you know, I'm 42 and single. I went to school at UM and have lived here all my life. I've met all kinds of men from all kinds of backgrounds here. Rich and poor, crazy or smart. Again, I can personally share that there are some good folks out there. Every single person in my life is like that right now. And my social circle is pretty big.

What you can learn from this is to start setting boundaries. That's needed everywhere but especially so in Miami, if your skin hasn't gotten thick enough yet.

People can have their own weird sexual proclivities that you may or may not be into. What he wants to do in bed is his own thing.

But being an *sshole and not treating a lady right is inexcusable.

All I can say is that we attract people into our lives for a reason. You had an experience and move on. This could've happened anywhere, really, as far as the weird sexual sh*t is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Vercetti
    I love to get the women's prospective on dating guys in Miami. It seems like the women have it just as difficult as the guys in finding someone decent.
    Hey Tommy, why don't you date Dazy? LOL just kidding ...

Seriously, I haven't had a hard time meeting decent men, but I have had a hard time dating and taking that next level to a relationship. It's not about the quality of the men though, it's about where these guys are in their lives and their willingness to date/commit to a romantic partnership.

I need to get you and Dazy to one of my tweetups so you both can meet quality people. Again, not for sex or dating right off the bat -- just to expand your social circle, which can lead to connections that will help you find the right person.

I just want to add again that for every trashy person out there, there's an antidote.
    Start investing time in volunteering, cultural institutions, athletic activities, social groups. Check out meetups at meetup.org or Facebook. All the museums, fairchild gardens, new world symphony for example have groups for young professionals. All you have to do is click with one active network and your possibilities just grow exponentially.

You have to put some effort into it and you can't be shy. People keep bashing Miami all the time but I can assure you there is way to live here that's very pleasant, but it won't be handed to anyone on a silver platter.

Check out Soul of Miami, a website owned by our member Coach. He's constantly posting cool events there.

We are having a blogger party Saturday afternoon - Tommy and Dazy, you should come by!

First of all, Dazy, being single and 37 is AWESOME if you're a guy. If you're not trashy. I got into a big debate with my students this week about this, and for some reason they seem to think being a bachelor late in life is a baf thing. Odds are you're having a LOT more fun than your friends who've settled down. I'm considerably younger than that age now, but I know I'm having exponentially more fun than my married and engaged friends. So I see no reason to change that. I can't speak for Broke N Choke, but maybe he's 37 and single because he WANTS to be.

And Tommy, I dunno why you've had bad luck. The white girls always seemed glad to find me, and I was broke and lived in a crappy apartment in Little Havana. Maybe you're just barking up the wrong trees. But I feel you on looking out of state. I think my last three relationships have all ended because of geography.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer
    First of all, Dazy, being single and 37 is AWESOME if you're a guy. If you're not trashy. I got into a big debate with my students this week about this, and for some reason they seem to think being a bachelor late in life is a baf thing. Odds are you're having a LOT more fun than your friends who've settled down. I'm considerably younger than that age now, but I know I'm having exponentially more fun than my married and engaged friends. So I see no reason to change that. I can't speak for Broke N Choke, but maybe he's 37 and single because he WANTS to be.

And Tommy, I dunno why you've had bad luck. The white girls always seemed glad to find me, and I was broke and lived in a crappy apartment in Little Havana. Maybe you're just barking up the wrong trees. But I feel you on looking out of state. I think my last three relationships have all ended because of geography.

I actually agree Matt, I'm all for single life. I have recently come to the conclusion that I personally love having a date but hate having a boyfriend. I'm just no good at having someone "all up in my business". However, this 37 year old guy was definately the "relationship" type. His previous girlfriends all left him he seemed to be looking to "fill an open position" if you will. I agree that there is nothing wrong with being 37 and single if it's a concious choice, but that was NOT the case here. He was a very good looking guy, but there was a tad bit of desperation that lead me to believe that his singlehood was not necessarily by choice.

Dazy, what that guy wanted was a maid/substitute mother, not a relationship.

Hey, I'm 42 and single and damn proud of it! There is absolutely no friggin' point in being in a relationship if it's holding you back or not complementing your life somehow. I don't have an issue against relationships as the best one for you could be a good thing. But many people get in them because they're terrified of being alone and are horribly insecure. Broke-n-choke sounds like that kind of person.

This is no longer a Miami thing -- plenty of insecure people all over the world.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123