Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I found out the cause of the bug problem...the downstairs neighbor leaving the back door wide open when they have friends over and bbq. Last night I saw one worm creepy crawly and then a small black flying thing. I took care of the worm myself, but when I looked in my bedroom again, the black thing was right on my pillow!!!

I went downstairs and told them they have to keep the door closed. Luckily a guy came upstairs and got rid of the one on my pillow. And on the way out through the front entrance I see my new neighbor..and the front door wide open.

Preferred Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    Jasmin, that building can't be well built if you're experience that much noise. Is it still going on?
    yes it's still going it's just bad construction, ive always lived in a hi rise and never anything like this!!

Preferred Member

omg sungal, what are you gonna do?? Seems like your neighbors don't mind the door open and the bugs inside...it's always something, don't you guys wish we could all have out own new construction built our way wherever we want lol

Question for sungal ... if the doors are open in the public common areas, how are the bugs getting into your unit?

I mean you could technically be living in a building with a catwalk style hallway and not have bugs get into your unit.

I think they got in under or above the doors. Keep in mind this is not a new building, so the doors aren't perfect. I was seriously almost going to have a heart attack last night. The fact that I saw two within an hour shows that they came in because the back door was open. Everyone was really nice and they did close the door right away.

The one good thing is that if something does get in during another bbq, there are plenty of guys to help me.

Yes, but how are the bugs getting inside your apartment?

The door to my actual apartment I think. It's an olser door and there's space above and below the door...Hopefully I've seen the last of them.

You should just insulate the door and cover those spaces. It could be as simple as some duct tape or visit the hardware store and hammer in some planks. This will also save on cooling costs. Talk to your landlord and see if he can help you. This shouldn't cost much at all.

Preferred Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Jasim,

You're not the only person hating their downtown apartment:

Javier wants out of downtown. In fact, he won't allow his last name, or the name of his building, to be used in this story, because he's hoping to sell his unit. It's not the parking, or the crime, or the lack of neighbors that is chasing Javier away. It's the noise. "Sleep is very important to me," he says. "When my windows are rattling, and I'm tossing and turning because of the boats, I'd rather get a quiet place somewhere else."
    Downtown Condo-Dwellers to Noisy Shrimpers: Shut the F#*k up!

The article goes on to say, it's the boats in Miami River that are keeping him up at night.
    Doug, so this guy hears shrimp boats that are on the river? Or are thet on biscayne bay? i wonder where he could possibly live to hear all that noise from boats

I will gladly switch apartments with him! I'll listen to his shrimp boats and he can deal with my insect problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sungal
    I will gladly switch apartments with him! I'll listen to his shrimp boats and he can deal with my insect problems.
    Just switch with Jasmin. We'll even help you move. As long as you buy the beers afterward.

Preferred Member

i know i am looking for somebody lol and then i need help moving too, sungal we keep in mind that carlos offered!

Carlos, Jasmin is also bug phobic ... so that won't work %-P

Doug, apparently the shrimpers trawl the river at night, hence the noise.

Preferred Member

i hate bugs i would rather stay in a noisy apartment for another yr than a bug apartment, i totally understand sungal i am the exact same way, crawling, flying is not for me but i have been lucky i have no problems with that where i am and i did use the fogger before i moved in and nothing happened, no dead bugs....

That's weird. I live in the Loft 2 downtown and don't hear anything like you're saying.

Preferred Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ88
    That's weird. I live in the Loft 2 downtown and don't hear anything like you're saying.
    that's good for you! i can't wait to leave in a couple of weeks i am so tired of this building i am too tired to explain any further.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin
    that's good for you! i can't wait to leave in a couple of weeks i am so tired of this building i am too tired to explain any further.
    Did you find another place to move to Jasmin? I'm sorry you are still having a bad time.

Throw a party and we can talk about it all night over drinks.

Preferred Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Did you find another place to move to Jasmin? I'm sorry you are still having a bad time.
    yes the first place i found was in foreclosure which they didn't tell me until 3 days before my scheduled move in and now i found another place hopefully there aren't any last minute surprises and i should be able to move in 2 weeks

Preferred Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller
    Throw a party and we can talk about it all night over drinks.
    Carlos you should throw a party so i can get out the house ;-)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast