Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Default Yo estoy aqui! I am here and loving it!

Hey all,

I have been here on Miami Beach for a little less than a week now. After using the first two days to unpack, I jumped in with both feet and got my car registered & tagged, Florida DL and a parking permit all by Day 3. (One tip that worked for me is to start your change of address early so when you arrive you have mail with your Miami Beach address)

I am simply loving the life style. I rented a place just footsteps to Lincoln Rd. Love it! I park my car in my zone and walk everywhere. I am looking to purchase a bike, so would love any suggestions on bike shops.

Day 4 I ventured out to the mainland to get some strings for my guitar. The people were great and restrung my guitar for next to nothing. Later that night checked out some live music at an upstairs spot on Lincoln Rd. Loved it!

Day 5 I visited about 4 gyms and ended up joining David Barton Gym. Love it!

Thanks again to all the great articles and tips on Miami Beach 411 that made for a smooth transition. :coolsmile:

Welcome! I'm so glad you are loving it! :)

2 good bike shops are Fritzs on Washington by Lincoln (next to Footlocker) and the other good one is on 5th st by Washington. My bike is from Fritzs, but now I go to 5th st for oil etc. 5th st may be slightly cheaper in the long run. But both are fun to check out.

Hi Guitar Girl,

I'm happy you're loving it so far! I used to live very close to Lincoln--lots of energy! Did you rent furnished or unfurnished? I hope you continue to love your place. I just rented a new apt and after about 10 days discovered bugs and no heating system! I think you saw the live music above Van Dyke Cafe right? I've actually never been.

Did you join the David Barton Gym in the Flamingo or the one at the Gansevort? I toured the one at the Flamingo..the one at the Gansevort has a DJ for spin classes..only in Miami! :coolsmile:

Keep us posted...and be sure to come to a 411 meetup..check under "Community Center". There was one today at Monty's. If you find any cool live music spots let us know. This is mostly a DJ/House music town which I love, but I do miss seeing bands.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Welcome! I'm so glad you are loving it! :)

2 good bike shops are Fritzs on Washington by Lincoln (next to Footlocker) and the other good one is on 5th st by Washington. My bike is from Fritzs, but now I go to 5th st for oil etc. 5th st may be slightly cheaper in the long run. But both are fun to check out.
    Thanks for the info Jess. I will check them out tomorrow. :-)

New User

Quote Originally Posted by sungal
    Hi Guitar Girl,

I'm happy you're loving it so far! I used to live very close to Lincoln--lots of energy! Did you rent furnished or unfurnished? I hope you continue to love your place. I just rented a new apt and after about 10 days discovered bugs and no heating system! I think you saw the live music above Van Dyke Cafe right? I've actually never been.

Did you join the David Barton Gym in the Flamingo or the one at the Gansevort? I toured the one at the Flamingo..the one at the Gansevort has a DJ for spin classes..only in Miami! :coolsmile:

Keep us posted...and be sure to come to a 411 meetup..check under "Community Center". There was one today at Monty's. If you find any cool live music spots let us know. This is mostly a DJ/House music town which I love, but I do miss seeing bands.
    Hey Sungal,

So far the place is great. I rented it unfurnished. Sorry to hear about your place with the bugs and no heat. I saw some little bitty ants, but didn't get discouraged; got a couple of ant baits and problem solved. Are you going to stick out your lease or try to get out?

I joined the DBG at the Gansevoort. Correct, I was at the Van Dyke. If you like live entertainment, it is worth checking out. I will keep you posted as I discover more live music spots. :coolsmile:

Hey Guitar Girl! I'm so happy to hear about your move-in success. Thanks for sharing your story.

I love Van Dyke ... it's a great spot. Jazzid on Washington also has great live music.

I used to live on West & Lincoln and loved it. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time there. It's going to get quite lively now during the holidays. Check out the Euclid Oval, too. Just sitting there provides hours of entertainment -- so many characters on Lincoln.

Glad everything is working out. I like the music they play at the Van Dyke.

Also check out Jazid for local live music.

This is your moderator here. I split this thread to focus on driver's licenses, but accidentally deleted Rebecca's reply. Sorry :red: